Why do people think they need valid reasons to break up with someone?

I think is a bit stupid. I mean the fact that you want to break up should be enough. So why do people feel the need to have a reason behind it?
@nert73 Wife? Nah, marriage doesn't interest me at all. So again whatever.

35

Most Helpful Girl

• It would be nice to tell the other person why. You don't HAVE to but it would be the right thing to do.
    would you want someone to just say "I'm done" and that's it?

• If a girl wanted to break up with me it not going to matter to me what her reasons were.

Most Helpful Guy

• For one thing, it's nice to give the other person a reason instead of just disappearing like some asshole.

For another, it's nice to know why you want to break up so you know you're doing the right thing breaking up! There must be something that made you decide to not want to be in the relationship any more!

• I never said to just disappear I just think if a person doesn't want to give a reason he/she shouldn't have to.

• Saying "It's over, bye." is practically the same thing as disappearing.

You are under no obligation to give them a reason, but not doing so does kind of make you an asshole.