"It's not you it's me" but its not the classic excuse, why is this happening?

What if this excuse for a break up comes directly after things have been going so well. So well in that the previous night you had just met his extended family (already met parents previously) at a Christmas party and his mom was telling everyone that he had really picked a good one this time. He told your best friend that he had already picked you out a Christmas present with his sister. (an expensive coach wallet and matching gloves) and he had also let you drive his dream car "his baby" the night before as well. His reasoning for ending it is " its not you its me" and that he feels too selfish for a relationship right now, and that he's too caught up with work and everything else going on to be in a relationship. and it comes out of complete nowhere. am I supposed to let it go? I've told him how I do not want something so good to end and that it doesn't need to be a relationship (it never was to begin with). and give him space to think more and talk about it again in person. or am i supposed to really move on?

31

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• Oh, it is definitely him. He is feeling the pressure and I think his mom's comment hit a little to close to home for him. He is freaking out. Be upfront, tell him that you will give him the space he needs but you have a life too and you are not going to wait forever. You deserve happiness also. He needs to be more honest with you.

• All i can say is, move on! Sooner or later the truth always comes out! Whenever there is a "sudden "change in behavior, that means something is wrong. Trust your gut instinct and grasp on that

• I think his moms comment made him realize you're not the one