Are all marriages like this or is it just mine? Is it enough to leave a good guy?

Me and my husband have been married for a year and a half now but we've been together for three. When we first got together he was fun romantic and outgoing. Now he is none of those things. Its hard for me because i am very outgoing i love to socialize but he's a true introvert. I think he did those things just to impress me. He doesn't try to romance me not even for sex its just "take your clothes off" and sometimes a more rude "open those legs" like eww that is in no way shape or form sexy. I've been dealing with this pretty much for 2 and a half years. But on the other hand he wants me to do allllll the tricks in bed when he barely do the minimum. The other day he said just eat your oatmeal in the bed while i "get it in" like um selfish. I am never satisfied and he doesn't try to satisfy me. I've given him lectures i even wrote a 5 page paper how to satisfy me in bed and out he doesn't listen. He never surprise me and take me out. After a long day of work if i say babe my feet hurt can you rub them, he would literally do it for a minute and its unfair because i rub his back for at least an hour each night. or at least i use too. there's so much more/ But long story short he's an awesome father and friend just a terrible lover. He does always have my back and is there for me. But Im not attracted to him anymore and don't find him sexually appealing especially due to the fact that sex to him means no kissing or touching just put it on in there. -_- He does nothing to make me feel special like how id think a true husband would make his wife feel. I surprise him with candle lit dinners after a long day of work and i don't get any special treatment. As a result I've found myself yearning to be touched or to feel special like I'm the only one in the universe. I stare at the guys that come through the office. Its pathetic. However I'm the only family he has and i don't want to leave a good guy for reasons that may not be justified. please help! hope it wasn't too long
  • Should i stay?
  • Should i leave?
  • Am i asking for too much?
    Vote C
Thanks everyone for all of the input and advice!! We've had this conversation numerous times and he'll try for maybe a day or two and go back to his usual. I do want to try for our family. I think I'll explain to him once more and emphasize how I feel and see if he listens this time. I've tried sex denial it doesn't work. I've tried almost everything. He knows I'm not sexually or romantically pleased he expressed to me how he doesn't want me looking elsewhere To find it but he does nothing about

57

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should try couples therapy. If he's a good guy and you love him, there's no sense in leaving him just because he's being inattentive. Lots of men have the same problem--including my husband. I used to hint that I'd like the dishes done, that I'd like him to initiate sex or romance me or buy me flowers once in a while--but I found that I wasn't really speaking his language. You have to be very straightforward with men. They aren't very good at reading between the lines. In your case, I think you're communicating with him, but he's not listening. You could try to be even more blunt. When he tells you to open your legs, tell him no, you need foreplay first. But if he's still ignoring you, a therapist could help him to see how doing so is damaging your relationship. He might just be oblivious to it all.