What do you think of the "Best way to get over someone is to get under someone" approach?

I personally think it does help a little bit. What do you guys think?
  • I don't think that is a good way to get over someone.
    Vote A
  • That is a perfect way to get over someone. Have some fun!
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It might work for women (given it seems popular with the gender in my experience) but I find it really screws everything up. Your emotions regarding the old relationship get all tangled with the emotions in the new one, and everything turns into a big mess. Even if it was supposed to be a one night stand (which was never my thing anyway), you might find you have suddenly displaced all of the love you had for the ex onto that person.

After a break up I think it's best to vent, chill, get over them, THEN move on.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends a lot on the person. I have tried a one night stand hoping it would make me think less of my ex, but it made things worse for me. However, I find the best way to get over someone is finding someone else you like (not just someone for sex).

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• It just makes a complex life even more complex in my experience.

0|1
    0|0
  • It has scientific merit. Still not my thing.

0|0
    1|0
  • That's never worked for me. Someone can temporarily detract you, but you still have to fight through that shit unless you're a hollow shell.

0|0
    0|0
    • Which I thankfully am :)

• Show All
    • You wouldn't even understand my levels.

• Alright then

What Girls Said 2

• I don't exactly sleep with guys but instead I flirt with as many guys as possible and go on as many dates as possible. It's kinda mean because I am just using them to get over someone but it's the only way for me.

0|0
    0|1
    • In the end you stilll end up alone... no matter how many hot men you have around to distract you you will always end up alone with your thoughts so it's not the best method but it's a temporary numb.

• Doesn't work :(
    I hooked up with a guy while trying to get over someone (didn't have sexual intercourse but yeah. ) and I didn't even enjoy it despite being attracted to the guy. I felt nothing. Just wanted to be with the guy I like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes