What do you think of the "Best way to get over someone is to get under someone" approach?

I personally think it does help a little bit. What do you guys think?
  • I don't think that is a good way to get over someone.
  • That is a perfect way to get over someone. Have some fun!

34

Most Helpful Guy

• It might work for women (given it seems popular with the gender in my experience) but I find it really screws everything up. Your emotions regarding the old relationship get all tangled with the emotions in the new one, and everything turns into a big mess. Even if it was supposed to be a one night stand (which was never my thing anyway), you might find you have suddenly displaced all of the love you had for the ex onto that person.

After a break up I think it's best to vent, chill, get over them, THEN move on.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends a lot on the person. I have tried a one night stand hoping it would make me think less of my ex, but it made things worse for me. However, I find the best way to get over someone is finding someone else you like (not just someone for sex).