I don't get women at all. Do they always expect to get chased?

When I ran into a ex a month ago at an event with mutual friends, she approached me and it was very friendly. I was happy about that because I hate having enemies. However, I took this encounter at face value and did look too much into it. Therefore, I did not pursue again.

5 weeks passed and I saw her again. This time, she seemed much colder to me. We kind of avoided each other the whole night.

I don't like approaching exes because it may be perceived as creepy. Also, when I tried to be friendly to my last ex, she suddenly turned and went nasty on me (I later found that she heard I was dating other girls. But, so what? The ex broke up with me, said we can remain friends, and she seemed to be flirting with another dude in front of me). So, with the current ex, I decided to never contact her or approach her.

This current ex is very attractive and is not used to guys breaking up with her like I did. She and my other ex also told me that they both have their own exes calling and chasing them from time to time. Hearing this makes me not want to be like those exes so I therefore do not chase.

But, do women get upset or frazzled when guys kind of ignore them? If so, is this because women get hit on all the time and get chased my exes, and therefore think it's weird or insulting when a dude, especially an ex, suddenly doesn't take interest?

11