Why is it that I want to break up despite all the love I feel?

We have been together for about 5 months now. I love him, and he tells me he loves me too, but I feel too imperfect. He deserves someone smarter, someone prettier, someone better. I want to let him go because I love him. Why do I feel so worthless with such a great person by my side. I love him, but I'm holding him back. Should I break up with him?

15

Most Helpful Guy

• If he likes you/ loves despite all of that stuff you wrote about, then you aren't holding him back. It's more than just "his choice." His choice sounds almost like a burden. That is incorrect. If he truly loves you, he doesn't even see that stuff. Literally. If however, he has been dropping hints that he feels these things are wrong with you, that either needs to be confronted, because he may not be aware of his actions per se, or if it's very direct, I'd call that downright mean and disrespectful.

What Guys Said 4

• At this point no. You're suffering from low self esteem and it sounds like you're in a depression. You need to talk to a parent about this. Tell them exactly what you wrote above. Good luck

• No. To be front you need to build your own self esteem to realize that he loves you for who you are.

• I don't think you should break up because you feel insecure. That would just hurt both of you and be needless drama. You should probably find a way to boost that confidence!

• you are feeling inadequate and that is why. It is a hard choice for you.

What Girls Said 1

• The issue is your insecurities. If you don't think you can work on yourself and address your self-esteem issue then end it, don't make him suffer too. But if you love eachother you should be willing to do anything to stay together.