I slapped my boyfriend for the first time in 7 1/2 years!!

We got into an argument and I slapped him, I don't know what came over me, I've never slapped him before or never thought about doing so. I'm not a violent person at all, I have apologized over and over again. But he isn't budging and I can't blame him. He still wants to be apart of my daughters life ( her real father is not in the picture and she loves my bf like he is her father) and I am okay with that. I've tried talking to him but all he can say is he doesn't know what to do about it. I feel horrible!! Advice please and thank you.
Well I have continued to apologize, and i brought him a gift as, well. He had 1 conversation with me and that was about a dental appointment he went to. Other than that nothing has happened. Keep in mind everyone i am not someone who goes around hitting men. I've never done that until a week ago. I felt horrible the second i did it and still do.

811

Most Helpful Guy

• You crossed a line. If I were him I'd stand my ground too. If he just let that go without consequence, it would continue or get worse. How would you feel if the roles were reversed and he hit you? Immediately he would have the stigma of a wife beater. Why should it be okay for a woman to hit a man?

However I do believe in second chances but I am not him. I think that maybe he is making you realize what your actions could cost you and will come around eventually and give you a second chance. Unless your relationship is rocky and this is just the straw that broke the camels back. Don't only focus on the slap, make sure you deal with the issues that lead to the slap.

• He is bipolar and we have had a rocky relationship but have grown a lot better in the recent years than the earlier ones. As I said I am not violent, I don't know where that came from. I feel horrible and have acknowledged my mistakes and have told him. I understand his point as well. I just wish there was something that I could do to make it up to him to show him how sorry I really am.

• Oh well, I hope you figure out how to message me

• Guess you still have not figured out how to message?

Most Helpful Girl

• You got violent with him, that's a line that should never be crossed in a relationship. You have already apologized and I do feel that you are geniunely sorry, however, you can't make him accept the apology. From here going forward, it just depends on him and how he feels. I would say to just respect his space right now. Give him some time to figure things out.

• I knew the second I did it, my heart went into my stomach. He got angrier, who could blame him. And I left and have not been back since. I owned up to my mistake and have apologized and times I have talked to him on the phone and he doesn't feel like talking I respect his wishes and leave him be. I sent a text every morning for the last week saying my apologies. I really do feel horrible, Like I said I have never done this before. To anyone.

• Yeah, I understand that you're sorry, but put yourself in his shoes. He probably just needs more time to sort things out in his mind.