My fiance called my mum a cunt?

Me and my fiancée were arguing over some silly last night and he turned saying my mum is cunt and she wants to ruin Christmas (her husband died last year and she is on her own) and called me selfish he said he is going to his families for Christmas , am I over reacting but I don't know if i can stay with him after that we have been together for 5 years but that was just such a quick turn and out of no where

1010

Most Helpful Guy

• His comment was totally uncalled for and should not have happened. But as to the rest, there is more to the story you have not told us. Is he saying he will not visit her, and only see his own family? Or Is he saying that she is coming to your place and he will stay away during that time? Or is this a thing between the two of you that you want him to spend Christmas with you and her and not his family?

• His sister invited us to hers but he said no and invited my mum to ours for dinner so she would be on her own, it was totally out of the blue I am so shocked we haven't spoken since

• Okay, I think I follow now. That is quite a turn around and there has to be some reason that is not in this discussion. You need to sit down with him and find out what is going on. Also, you need to let him know calling her names is NOT okay (but say it in a calm, nice way).

• Agreed , calling someone a cunt who means something to one's spouse , that is REALLY harsh !!
      I would be upset too , but talking things out calmly should I believe accomplish a LOT !!

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoa, that's definitely not okay. It doesn't matter what your mother is doing, he shouldn't be name calling her and being disrespectful towards you and your family. I don't think it's okay to insult anyone's parents, especially not my partner's parents, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed. You should probably think about this relationship and if this is how he behaves in arguments, is that someone you want to marry?