My fiance called my mum a cunt?

Me and my fiancée were arguing over some silly last night and he turned saying my mum is cunt and she wants to ruin Christmas (her husband died last year and she is on her own) and called me selfish he said he is going to his families for Christmas , am I over reacting but I don't know if i can stay with him after that we have been together for 5 years but that was just such a quick turn and out of no where

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• His comment was totally uncalled for and should not have happened. But as to the rest, there is more to the story you have not told us. Is he saying he will not visit her, and only see his own family? Or Is he saying that she is coming to your place and he will stay away during that time? Or is this a thing between the two of you that you want him to spend Christmas with you and her and not his family?

3|0
    0|0
    • His sister invited us to hers but he said no and invited my mum to ours for dinner so she would be on her own, it was totally out of the blue I am so shocked we haven't spoken since

• Show All
    • Okay, I think I follow now. That is quite a turn around and there has to be some reason that is not in this discussion. You need to sit down with him and find out what is going on. Also, you need to let him know calling her names is NOT okay (but say it in a calm, nice way).

• Agreed , calling someone a cunt who means something to one's spouse , that is REALLY harsh !!
      I would be upset too , but talking things out calmly should I believe accomplish a LOT !!

Most Helpful Girl

• Whoa, that's definitely not okay. It doesn't matter what your mother is doing, he shouldn't be name calling her and being disrespectful towards you and your family. I don't think it's okay to insult anyone's parents, especially not my partner's parents, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed. You should probably think about this relationship and if this is how he behaves in arguments, is that someone you want to marry?

4|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I can't understand why he brought your Mother into the argument and I don't know your Mother, maybe she is an asshole to him/maybe not but it's pretty harsh to use that language about a woman who has just lost her husband not long ago and probably feels lonely this Christmas. After all Christmas is about family, togetherness and joy.

I doubt I'd be able to stay with a girl who referred to my Mother as a cunt.

0|0
    0|0
  • There has to be some history here, some reason he's reached this conclusion, this won't have come out of the blue.

(is your mother a cunt?)

1|0
    1|0
    • You would think so but there really isn't hats why I just signed on here I don't know shat to do he just started screaming it we were arguing about a car it was only silly, there is no background of him hating my mum

• Make this your last year. His behavior is unpardonable. Better to end it now than after you have born his children. Do not bear any fault and don't try to patch it up unless he has apologised to you and your mum IN PERSON and is properly repentant, entirely blaming himself. No more sex starting THIS MINUTE.

0|0
    0|0
  • Christmas can be a stressful time seeing family & such. Maybe it isn't as out of the blue and something has been eating at him for some time? Or maybe he just wants to spend Christmas with his family and is making a big deal out of nothing as an excuse, although that would be pretty childish. Sounds like he owes you an explanation, but leaving him? Doesn't 5 years buy him the benefit of the doubt this one time? If your ready to pull the plug on a relationship that long over just that it makes me think there are more problems than just this one incident. Of course if he was physically abusive or threatening in any way, thats a different matter and you are better off with him out of your life, but it doesn't sound like he was from what you said.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sounds as if he has anger issues and is using your mother as the lightning rod of his frustration. You better demand he fix that shit or walk.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's an awful thing to say for someone's mum or dad. I would be pissed off

2|1
    0|0
  • a word is just a word, mate.

personally i'd be cool if someone called my mom like that. do the same XD

0|0
    0|0
  • Oh well... ?

1|0
    5|0
  • Is your mom being a cunt?

0|1
    1|0

What Girls Said 9

• Ohh iam sorry but when couples argue or whatever it's kept between the pair of you any bad feeling towards your family should be spoke about like adults and calling your mother a cunt is extremely out of order they do say it takes five years to know someone well enough to marry them and i would say he is starting to show his true colours

1|0
    0|0
  • Wow. That's completely uncalled for and I would seriously reevaluate your relationship with him before you get married. You don't want to be with a guy who disrespects you and your family in that way at all.

3|1
    0|0
  • That is a very disrespectful word to use to insult anyone let alone your partners mother. I'm not sure unless this is part of his normal vocabulary that would change the gravity of the word.

I would be understanding toward him regarding his frustrations but then I would also want him to understand where I am coming from. As she's alone this time in the holidays he should understand. He's being a know but then again I can make assumptions.

0|0
    0|0
  • OMG... I do feel so very, very sorry for you... It's quite simply such an awful word to use at any time, but to say it to your own mother is in my opinion completely and utterly inexcusable.

I have to say that sadly with this happening now, who's to say there isn't worse to come from him.

What a horrible situation to be in especially after five years, I would hate to be you at this present moment.

I rather think you could do with...* Loads of Hugs, Love & Good Luck Wishes*

0|0
    0|0
  • The C word is a harsh word but knowing whether his anger was justified really depends on the context of the argument, why he feels that way and what she's done to him for him to feel she is.. And there are two sides to every story so hard for me to give an informed opinion on whether or you not you are over reacting. Sorry it happened.. Hope you can work things out.

0|0
    0|0
  • How dare he say that, If i were u i'd call him a dick and not call his mom anything becuz I respect women and then I'd dump him, he shouldn't have called ur mom that, just don't talk to him ignore him for a while, and he'll realize that what he did was wrong and he'll apologize cuz guys aren't that dump to notice that ur sad,, if u think u can't be with him anymore u should dump him for real,,, and if u wanna continue this becuz u have been with him for 5 years and thats a lot then try to fix things alright, hope i helped :)

0|0
    0|0
  • If my FIANCÉ called my mother a cunt, even in the spur of the moment, you best believe we won't be getting married.
    I would rethink this relationship because that my MOTHER he just insulted. My best friend since day one. That would be like calling me a cunt ya'know? And with no bg history of him hating my mother, that would shock me even more. I'd start wondering if he was goinf to shout out trash like that in front of our children in the future.
    But you've been with him for 5 years. You know him better than we ever could so it's your call.

1|0
    0|0
  • That's really disrespectful and uncalled for... That's the kind of person you wanna marry? He should apologize to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a person call my mum that I would break up with him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes