Whats the best way to deal with being hurt and angry?

I wonder if its better to express to somwone how much they've hurt you and how angry you are with them. Even though I KNOW it won't make a difference what so ever.
Or is not saying anything at all more effective?

35

Most Helpful Guy

• It's best to forget about them and let them GO. I know it hurts, but its your job to get over the past. Life isn''t a fairy tail, shit happens. Contacting them will do no good, and will make the last episode of your life last longer... You can take it to the bank!

• You guys dont think it helps cleanse though

• Stop trying to "cleanse yourself", "heal your spirit" or any of that shit. Get in touch with your angry side. RAGE!!! Anger is your best friend, use its powerful energy to improve your life.

What Guys Said 4

• My advice is to not say anything and move on. In attempting to express you feelings, he might not respond how you would like or say things to antagonize you, this will only lead to further frustration and anger. He will also then know how much he can affect you and will continue to play games with your mind and feelings.

Just ignore him, pretend like he no longer exist. Find things to fill your thoughts and time. Get out and enjoy being single again. lol.

• Not saying anything is more effective. Otherwise they know they are still in your head.

• Better to guilt the person with the nitty gritty details of how bad they have hurt you so they know how much of a terrible person they are.

• Make sure there's a bullet in the chamber so they don't have time to get out of range.

What Girls Said 3

• DON'T keep your phone around when getting drunk late at night in the club with the girls

angry or teary text messages and drunk calls will only reassure him he took the right decision when dumping you

meet up with lots of people, fill up your time with activities (no watching tv, no Facebook, no laying on the bed looking at the ceiling), you'd better go out, have fun, talk to lots of people, learn something new - it will fill your mind and won't leave space for the bastard.

you can also try to write it down. post on the forum, start a journal or start a blog (I just found this journal for dreams - lovely https://dreamophone.com) whenever you feel angry, write him a letter, insult him and describe in detail how much of a jerk he is and the specific methods you would use to torture him. and of course, destroy the letter afterwards :)

this work for being angry... however, I'm not sure how we should deal with the sadness...

• Thank you for that. I actually broke up with him, but thats irrelevant because his indifference is what caused it. I couldn't agree with you more about the drunk texting. Lol. Thanks for the good advice. Be well

• I've recently broken up and it's taking every strength in me not to confront him, but I've decided it's best to let it go. You see, as much as we're angry, it's best to keep our dignity and have them wondering why we have not reached out. I'm sure it lingers in their head as much as it does in ours.
    I'm still trying to get over it, but I'm a true believer that time heals all. As long as you're in peace with yourself, you'll be good. It'll take some time, but it's doable :)

• The best you can do if someone wrongs you is to walk away and be awesome. That will get to them more than you showing how upset you are.

Having said that, I know it's not always easy. I guess it also depends on what type of person one is. I was dumped recently and I KNOW I should just ignore him completely and move on, but yet I can't. I know it will just bring more pain. But I don't have that kind if discipline that is required to walk away with dignity.

• Man, i feel you. My brain knows the right answer, but I get angry and feel like they're gonna understand this pain or else.

• It's horrible. I keep saying to my friend "why can't I just walk away. I feel so pathetic but I can't stop". Each time I send a message I hate myself a bit for it. But when I try to resist, I end up sending one anyway a couple of hours later.