Should I stay? Or be independent?

I've been in a relationship for almost 5 years in January. Since we did get serious and settled down pretty fast, (right out of high school in 2010), last week we came to a mutual understanding that maybe we should take a break from each other and actually enjoy our early adulthood. (he brought it up, but I felt like this once before and never spoke on it). We agreed to always keep in contact, to make sure each other was okay. We have no kids together, he's been there for me throughout my 4 years of university, and I've been there for him through just about everything, Well, after 2 days of our "break", I told him since he wants to enjoy his young adult hood, I would like to join the Navy. (Didn't decide on active duty or the reserves at that moment). He completely pushed me away! Like, left and went out with his friends. Now, today, he said he apologize and wanted me to take him back, and if I didn't he understood. I was still indecisive, I was unsure since I already started making independent moves after he disregarded my plans for the future. After talking a bit today, come to find out, the night he went out, he got drunk and had sex with some girl! But is still upset that me joining the service is still in the back of my mind. I told him we can work through it, but my trust is not fully there anymore. I mean, I know we weren't together during the break, but sheesh 3 days after he broke up with me, he pulls this stunt and expects me to take him back. He said he did it out of spite because I wanted to live off in the world and forget about him. We currently live together, but i was slowly moving out within those 3 days. I mean, I know we all make mistakes and no one is perfect, but it's a tough pill to swallow. What do you think? Work it out or throw 5 years down the drain?
  • Stay with him?
    Vote A
  • Kick him to the curb?
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• I just got out of a similar relationship! I was with him for 2 years and we were always on and off. We always fought or disagreed about something so stupid. We decided to take a break. 2 days later he kissed me and we started back up again, only to find out he was talking to another girl. How can we go through so much and he can just throw it all away? I thought we were stronger than that. He actually ended up hanging out with this girl after our last break up. He wants to try again with me, but I lost my trust for him. I WANT to be independent. Move to New York, become a writer. So yes, you should dump him. 5 years is a very long time, but he was the one throwing it away, not you. He decided to sleep with someone. Even if your not together, its pretty insulting how fast someone can move on, He would of stuck by you through your decisions. You are young and you deserve to do what you want. Going into the Navy? AMAZING! Don't quit!. Best of luck :)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes