How to break up gracefully when everything is fine?

I want to break up with a girl who I'm dating since October. The problem is everything is fine between us we had good times and lots of fun. I just can't see any future and think its better to break up gracefully.
How to do it?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• Just sit her down and be real. Say 'I know things are going great and all, but I'm almost ready to settle down and no offense, but I just don't see this relationship going anywhere. I can't see us getting married, etc so I think it'd be best for us to end it now before we get too far in the relationship as I'd hate to waste any of our time. I do apologize and hope there's no hard feelings..' The way I said it was kinda brutally honest but that's the way I am so there's no confusion. I have no time to sugar coat things, gives people false hope. Anyways, good luck! Lol

• Thank you I think it would works except the "I'm almost ready to settle down" part. Just need to find a good time to tell her.

• Thanks for your help. You now right now I'm dating another girl too and find it would be better to break up with the first then focus on the new girl. But now it seems or its just my think that why don't handle both of them? or why not more than just one girl at a time?
      I'm confused right now.

• So that's the real reason you want to break up? Because you found someone who may be more compatible? I probably wouldn't tell her that if you want no hard feelings lol. If you're not caring about trying to fall in love, eventually get married and all that right now I guess you can date them both (if these are open/uncommitted relationships) but if you do like the other one I wouldn't date both.