What is going through this girls head?

Me and my ex have now broken up and stopped all contact because I found out he had been seeing someone else for the last two months of our relationship.
I'm okay with the break up, he wasn't that great of a boyfriend. All I want to know is why the hell the other girl is still with him. I found out he was cheating as I inboxed her and questioned her about it & her response was. "I'm so sorry you were left in the dark about him and I. If I had any idea about you I would not have let this happen".
He was lying and cheating on her as well & they're still together. I just don't get her mentality !!

02