How long does it take it get a divorce?

And is it ok for a guy to re-marry during the proceeding's?

• Yeah its fine
  • No unlikely that would happen

33

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies a lot, depending on the laws of the country/state you're in. But I'm quite sure a person can't remarry until the divorce has been finalized, irrespective of the country.

What Guys Said 2

• Why do you want to marry a guy who is getting divorced? Do you want to be his future ex wife?

• So you're saying if you marry someone who's divorced, its unlikely to last?

• Statistics show that second marriages have an extremely low success rate. Third marriages actually last more often than second... people tend to marry a polar opposite of their first spouse the second time around... and it's like over compensation. The third spouse is often a happy medium.

• My divorce took about 8 months total. In my state you cannot remarry until the divorce has been final for 6 months. Check your local laws but I don't know any where that allows you to marry before the divorce is final.

What Girls Said 3

• How long it takes to get a divorce totally depends on where you live.

Yeah a guy can propose to someone whenever, but he's going to look like a trashy douchebag... and everyone will assume the chick he asked was the other woman that ended the marriage.

• Not sure
    But I answered the poll on
    "not likely"
    Next time you should put a poll up as
    "Results"
    So that people don't just choose one of their not sure and they just wanna see answers cause they're not sure

• Which state is it and why the hell are you trying to get with a married man?

• Its the uk, and if you read my question properly I said he is going through a divorce.

• Until that dissolution is concluded, he's still legalls married. Drop that box of rocks back to his Mrs and find a man with less baggage.