How do I get over my ex boyfriend? :(?

We've been together for a year we usto live together I treated his kids like they were my own, I motivated him to get a car/job tried to help him get back on his feet I stayed home with him & his kids every weekend I feel so heart broken :'( i was there for him wen no one else was i helped him get his kids back!! and Now we are officially over & i think it's gana take me alongtime to get over him im feeling uncertain of the future (feeling like ima be forever alone) i hope he regrets it and sees i was good to him:( im trying to move on but its difficult
And we've officially broken up a week!

21

Most Helpful Girl

• It's always hard, it's always difficult. There's really no way to make the process go quicker. It takes time, and you can't make time run faster. You can keep your mind busy by being with family and friends. Being alone is never good because then you have time to think. But ultimately, it will hurt for a while. I know how difficult it is. I'm in a similar situation right now.

You are young, you won't be forever alone. I know it's hard to believe it now, but at some point a guy will come along who will be better, and you will look back and feel good. It really just takes time to heal. But now you're free for something good, for something better.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I know everything ur saying right now is so true but it just seems like the end of the world which i know it isn't:( i just feel betrayed he gave up on someone who would of never gave up on him! I guess life ain't fair, thank u though means a lot i need someone to talk to:(

• It always feels like the end of the world. Each time a relationship of mine ended, I felt absolutely horrible. I lost weight, couldn't sleep, basically walked around like a zombie. But after a while it stopped hurting, and when I look back now I can't even understand that I felt so down because of them. I know it's hard to believe and trust in these things when you're at the beginning of the situation. But the truth is you have existed before him, and you will existed after him. He is just a little bump in the road. Even if right now it feels like a huge obstacle you don't know how to overcome.

• That's true i just hate things had to end i honestly thought we were going to be together forever i guess nothing lasts forever:'(