Will losing someone make them realize to appreciate you or would they just move on and forget you?

If you were in a serious long-term relationship will they regret it and come back to you?

Updates:
What about if you were good to them and helped them out a lot and was there for them when no one else was?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In some cases they might come back.. in some they won't. There's no way of knowing for sure. It really depends on their reasons for breaking up with you. If they simply lose feelings then chances they'll come back are slim but if it was due to a fight or silly argument then with time they might realize it was stupid.

2|0
    0|0
    • What about if it was just little bs? Like jealousy and over lies? But overall the person was good to them

• Show All
    • Yes i know it wasn't all me i at least agmited to my own thoughts he never did and ok thank u means alot!

• Mistakes*

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• My gf of eleven months left for her ex bf, and I was really good to her and was there for her. Just missed her ex down the road I guess.

1|0
    0|0
    • People just don't know how to keep ir real i guess smh

• Show All
    • Exactly if it's meant to be it's meant to be, and work on yourself one day he will see you and you'll be 10x hotter, haha that's my plan never hurts to make them jealous and envious of what they once had haha we can do this. I'm already ahead knowing Im hotter than her ex lol.

• Your right that's exactly what ima do thank you and there could be a possibility i could run into him because my bffs family is also his family lol ironic huh, well thank u means a lot i feel better:)

• It will only happen to some people but never hope on that honestly. Repairing relationships doesn't always work and guys especially, move on real fast and most of the time when they do "come back" it's constantly for a fling or hopes of a friends with benefits situation. The times people do try to mend a broken relationship, there's constantly a fight over the initial breakup and it can become a vicious cycle.

1|0
    0|0
  • Regret and Appreciation are opposites.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 6

• It's possible, but I wouldn't sit around waiting on it. Chances are if you were good to someone, they might have a few regrets down the road. My ex just up and left out of the blue for "freedom" and another girl and has told me he regrets it. So sure, they might eventually want to come back. But you should want better than that for yourself.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yea that's not right at all no one should just leave like that u should at least break up w me them instead of leaving u w no closure and yes i know i deserve better but i can't help who i love but I don't know what's going to happen at this point :( it don't seem like he's gana come back

• They would move on

Only in a rom com would they realize they missed out on something amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • In some cases they do come back. But that doesn't mean they have changed. I think once someone leaves its best to let them go and when they come back remind yourself why they left and still let them go. Why ruin your life with someone who didn't appriciate you in the first place. It is very hard i know, its not easy to let go and im struggeling with it myself, but I've learned that when someone does this, they make me feel unworthy and i hate feeling that way and i won't ever let anyone make me feel that way.

1|0
    0|0
    • True i agree w u! He made me feel like i was untrustworthy & all that i did have my faults but i owned to my mistakes and i was overall good to him he was just an asshole to me sometimes i just can't help it because im in love w him i just wish he would have changed his ways also</3 at least i can say i learned from relationship:'( starting over sucks

• Show All
    • No problem. Just let it be a reminder that, in order to heal completly you need yourself to feel the pain. Dont try to hide it, or try to distract yourself, just let yourself be able to be sad, its okay to cry, its okay to take time off and be alone and to just cry. But remember that you cannot do it forever :) at some point you need to get up and be BOSS!

• Well hopefully this feeling goes away i hate things haded to end but i guess nothing lasts forever lets see what the future has to bring me :(

• If it was mutual, then they'd probably move on like you would be and try to find someone new after some time to heal.

If you left them, they'd most likely move on and try to find someone else. After some time, a huge amount of grovelling will not encourage them to take you back.

If they left you, then they may decide it was the wrong decision and try to get you back but if you felt that their word was final, then they won't come back.

You shouldn't have to leave someone to appreciate them, they should already do that when you date them.

1|1
    0|0
  • No you will linger in their thoughts

1|1
    0|0
  • It can go both ways. Some realise how much they miss what they have lost, others realise they can live quite happily with the loss.

However, it's never easy to regain trust and that feeling of comfort with someone who has let you down once and was prepared to remove you from your life. So in most cases, a happy ending is unlikely.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes