Should I try to meet up with my ex girlfriend?

We dated about 6 or 7 years ago for about 6 months or more. We broke up and it was all really messy. Now I really tried moving on and dated other people but she's the only one that I really got hung over about. We talked a few times after the whole mess and it was just really nice. I'm just wondering if I should try talking to her again to sort out my feelings or will it just get too awkward. I have no idea how to even approach someone about something like this. Cause even if we never dated again honestly I just really wanted to be her friend again. Opinions? Advice?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• You could try being friends with your ex, I tried being friends with mine but it didn't work out to well so he and I are just strangers. If your ex wants to talk to you he would make effort to do so. Don't talk to your ex because it'll make him look good and it will make you look bad don't chase him just let it go and move on. Its hard I know because I had to go through it but it's worth. Meet other people, interact with other people. He's just another chapter in your book, just move on and turn the page. I tried talking to mine but all he ever did was ignore so since then we haven't said a word to each other. If he wants to talk to you he will come back and make an effort to do so, other than just move on act like he doesn't exist.

What Girls Said 2

• I was like this with my ex for awhile and we stayed in touched, talk and laugh and then one day we just stop talking. This is what I would do if you really love her, want her then go for it. Now far as the friend thing go that can make things more complicated then theyalreadye, for instance if anyone of you started dating a different person

• That is a long time ago
    Move on

What Guys Said 2

• Completely depends on how it ended and who said what hurtful thing (if any). Was cheating a reason it ended? if so don't bother.

• I believe you can always be friends with ex, that's what I believe. But getting back with your ex in a relationship is sort of challenging and risky too.