How to crush her heart in the best way?

Truth is, I have been in a relationship with one girl for 11 years. I was "nice guy" from a religious family and was poor with women. I never had any relationships except her. She even dumped me after 3 months but then took me back. I settled for her (was never really that attracted to her). But we grew up together, and I started changing because I was tired of this "nice guy" shit. Hit gym, did hobbies, got out there, started climbing the corporate ladder etc. I obviously started attracting females but couldn't pursue this as I was with her. So I stayed with her because it was "the right thing to do". Obviously though it started bubbling and I confronted her about it. We tried making it work, then it bubbled again and then I said we need to split. Then she told me I could have sex workers in order to "try out" other women. Thing is, I can't do that. But by now you can see she really wants to keep me. She has also turned into a 30 yr old hottie who takes care of me and loves people and social things. I do think she is a phenomenal person and I could settle down with her... BUT like I told her, she could be the richest most beautiful girl in the world and it still won't be solving the main problem: I want to try new women and experiences. I want to be single. Just for the next 5 years left of my youth (I look like a 25 yr old athlete... but it won't be for long). Now she also wants children with me (and we have an excellent relationship)... but after Christmas and New Year (with her family) I am going to end it... I just don't know how to say it best after all we been through. She is also financially dependent on me... and I am happy to support her for a bit until she gets on her feet. Do I offer this to her or do I just cut her cold? I still want to be friends as we share so much history. What's the best approach?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• I understand what you mean. It's hard to think of settling down with one person for the rest of your life.
    But this is douchy... I know a guy whose been married for a very long time, had like, 7 kids with a woman and then lost a butt load of weight. He left her as soon as he lost weight because of the same reason that you're describing... But it's incredibly selfish. Look at it from her position, she's given you ELEVEN years, That's a really long time and literally almost half of your life (roughly)
    There is no "nice" way to tell her that you want to be free from an 11 yr relationship.
    I think a girl who'd still want you after what you've told her, Is definitely a girl worth keeping.
    But I'm not you, and I'm sure I don't know every detail.
    I just want you to reconsider.
    If any of your future girlfriends found out that you turned away a perfectly good woman purely because you got tired of her and wanted to feel young? I'm just gonna go out and tell you that they're not gonna be happy and that is certainly not the kind of guy I would go for

• Whats more douchy, leaving her for the truth, or living like this and screwing sex workers on the side? People split up for so many reasons, I think mine is as good a reason as any. Its not selfish as much as other reasons for break ups and divorces. My only regret was not having the courage to do this sooner.

• It's a bit deeper than the want to feel younger. I want to do what I should have done when I was younger. It must be great being with a person you actually were attracted to, must be great going out on a date with somebody you live from the beginning, must be awesome taking somebody back to your place etc, I never had any of this.

• ... love from the beginning.