How Can I Convince My Boyfriend To Stay With Me?

Hi, I have been dating a guy for a year and 5 months now. Our relationship was absolutely amazing, we did everything together, and really were the best of friends. Things started to go downhill recently, we fought over really stupid things and he decided that we should go on a break (I didn't stop him because what was I supposed to say?).

Very sadly he lost a very close family member to suicide in September- I tried my best to help him through it, the best that I could. Sadly after that happened is when things really went downhill. He would have anger outbursts and just yell at me over anything- which would just cause fights. I tried to convince him to go to counseling but he refused. He had a lot of family things to take care of, which I completely understand, but this made us spend less time together than we once did. After it happened pretty much our sexual relationship ended (sorry for tmi)

The holidays have been extremely hard for him, I understand. He suggested we go on break but is now suggesting that we break up bc he "fell out of love" with me. I haven't fallen out of love with him at all so this breaks my heart. Is there anything I can do to get him to stay? or is our relationship doomed?

Sorry for the long post- I appreciate all advice given. Thank you.
Updates:
UPDATE: he broke up w/ me last night... Via a phone call...
He said he doesn't think he could ever be in love w/ me like he used to. I deleted him from everything but dont think ill be hearing from him again. This is what he wanted. I thought he'd wait till the new year at least but nope :/

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs space, that's the only thing you can do. When someone no longer loves someone the only thing that could possibly bring them to love them again is if they no longer see that person for a period of time.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for your answer. As i commented before I think it would make things worse if I cut him off.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he has made himself clear. Your only chance at this point is to fall off of his radar completely. NO CONTACT. Leave him to miss you. He will eaither realize he misses you and come back or it'll give you the space and time to accept the loss. Sorry hun. Hugs.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have thought about this, but I think that it will just make him angry if I completely cut him off. If we do break up I don't wanna leave on bad terms.

• Show All
    • No, we're on a "break" at the moment. He told me he fell out of love with me and is leaning towards breaking up.

• Then no contact is your only hope. Trust me. This old broad has been through it

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• Just give him some time to overcome his grief and family issues. Hopefully he'll come back to you himself, because you can't really 'convince' him to stay if he doesn't want to.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Sad to say but in my opinion you just need to let him go. He may come back around, but at this point there is nothing you can do. In my experience when I was younger I made the mistake of begging someone to stay with me, and the only person that was hurt from it was me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you, I don't wanna seem desperate but its hard because I really don't want him to leave me /:

• You're welcome. I know it's hard but stay strong!

Recommended myTakes