Why is he ignoring me?

My guy text me on Monday night telling me he had somewhere to go and wouldn't know what time he would be back. We had an argument earlier on during the day but he said he would call me and we would talk. I haven't heard anything since he text me on Monday night. He has been online, his phone is on as I've tried to call. He's not responded to any of my messages either. I text him yesterday saying I had enough of being ignored and will be leaving him alone. I've had no response and definitely will not be contacting him again. I feel so worthless and rejected. Will he contact me?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, you should not feel worthless because what he is doing says nothing about you, but everything about him.

Second of all, what he is doing is unacceptable. I've recently had a fight with my boyfriend and for the first time ever he ignored me for a bit more than 24 hours. I was devastated – and angry. I told him if he does that again, he doesn't have to come back at all since ignoring a partner is one of the lowest things one can do.

I know it must be hard now. You probably want to keep reaching out to him until you get a reply, ANY reply. But try to remain strong. You ignore him now just like he ignores you. Give him a taste of his own medicine. Don't make him feel like he's the great guy who can act like an utter twat and get away with everything. You show him that you have boundaries, and that you won't just sit there and wait for him to reply when he's done with being an inconsiderate asshole.

He will definitely contact you at some point, but until then, you stay away from him. Don't even look at his things online. Try to have fun and keep your mind busy. I know it's easier said than done. But the worst you can do now is keep sending him messages and keep checking if he's been online or if he has written.