I just dumped my boyfriend for going behind my back did I do the right thing?

He was being distant all week cause he is working a lot and has other problems. Messaging me but not as much. I even asked him what's up and he said its not me he's stressed but I need to do what's best for me. Then tonight I find out from a friend that he texted a girl he had a crush on before he met me that he had stopped talking to when he met me. He asked her to grab a drink with another female friend. The girl asked him what about your girlfriend. He said "I don't know if the relationship is really going to work"
Meanwhile he never was honest with me about it even after I had a talk with him!! I got so mad so I dumped him.

Did I do the right thing? It's so wrong of him after not seeing me all week only messaging me sporadically and not even being honest that he has doubts about the relationship when I asked him.

He said he was "fine with how things are" when I broke up with him. He has not seen me all week or called me by phone.

Basically he was trying to meet up with his old crush who he dropped for me because he wasn't sure he wanted to stay with me while keeping me on the back burner and barely ever seeing me.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• yes... proud of you... you did the right thing... forger all about him, you deserve better.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• He said "I don't know if the relationship is really going to work"
    Of course you did the right thing. You dodged a bullet right there girl. Can't stand guys who are too coward to just leave a girl instead of going behind her back. What he did right there was disrespectful towards you and your relationship. You deserve someone far better who will not say crap like that behind your back to other people. If the relationship isn't working you should be the FIRST to know. Not some other random person. I sincerely know you will find another great guy. He's not the only one.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 3

• bad gf alert... or should i say ex gf lmfao.

0|0
    1|0
  • U want him to be honest and tell u he go out with another girl right? Be honest tell him what u did also

0|0
    0|0
  • Might be better off

2|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes u did the right thing 100% it sounded like he was going to dump or cheat on u anyway. Well done move on now u can find someone better

0|0
    0|0
  • You did the right thing. He most likely would have dumped you after going out with that other girl. Otherwise he wouldn't have told her that it wasn't working out. OR, he would have cheated on you with her, making her believe that he'd dump you anyways so it would be "ok". Either way, saying shit like that behind your partner's back without actually talking to your partner about it first is rude and disrespectful. So he's basically letting everyone else know that he's about to dump you before actually letting you know? Classy. That's not how to handle things. However, you handled it well. Clearly he felt like something was wrong with the relationship, and the fact that he refused to communicate shows that he's bad boyfriend material.

0|0
    0|0
  • You did the RIght thing because
    You dumped him before he dumped you

0|0
    0|0
  • First make sure that his friend was telling the truth, like showing you the actual texts or even asking the girl yourself. If he doesn't have any evidence, you maybe could have stayed with him. But if its pretty obvious he's been doing that, feel free to go all ham on that jerk!

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes