Will he come back even after he said he won't change his mind?

Have you ever had an ex boyfriend tell you he is 100 percent over you and doesn't see a future and he won't change his mind actually change his mind months later?
Just wondering if this is the last I will hear from him? He says we can still text and say hi. But I've decided it's best for me if we don't.
Do you think though that he will reappear. We were together over 3 years. I'm not holding any hopes. A friendship would be a good outcome too.

10