Who handles breakups better, Men or Women?What was the craziest thing your ex did after the break up?

Some relationships end with fighting. Some end with crying. Some end with sex. Some end with verbal insults (or dishes) being thrown at sound-barrier-breaking speeds. Whatever the case, breakups can be uglier than some Dancing with the Stars performances. Keep in mine 90% of breakups are generated by women

Let's face it: Some relationships aren't meant to be, so a breakup averts a bigger disaster.

So when the Love Boat hits the iceberg, who handles it better? My answer: women.

Several studies show that men experience more depression, distress, and anxiety after breakups than women do. Men might like to come across as being tougher than overcooked steak after a breakup, but the truth is that they're actually more the consistency of jelly.

Believe meโ€”I see the letters of hundreds of men desperate for advice on how to win their ex back. Here's why some men come undone during a breakup.

Updates:
Main problem under estimating thier woman's interest level... male Ego is next most men don't change their habits to suit the needs of their woman...
If a man likes a woman, and she lets him date her but has no intention to be with him in a romantic sense, this is still a relationship, as defined. The man is now told he in the friend zone, and is rejected, and therefore feels this is a breakup or misplaced relationship, then will he suffer more? 90% of breakups are gender based!!! Females generate 90% of break UPS... Regardless of who is at fault, from this rejection is a higher range of desire!!

4|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Barring one there's been no break up where I've not been stalked that lasts forever (till date)
    2. 'Some relationships aren't meant to be' if that's an one sided or unilateral decision, you can expect the worst from the other end - ask me lol
    3. In my case with me being the guy I'd confidently say, I've handled it better (even in the case of 'barring one' in point 1 above
    4. I don't believe in 'winning an ex back' cause it's a decision that's taken for a reason and unless that reason is sorted there's no point in being back together just to fulfill a craving
    5. 'Changing habits to suit the woman' doesn't always work with either gender. You go on changing and they want you to change further - an unending process most times triggered by insecurity and when one makes effort to bring about changes in self, it just becomes the other's obsession and control mechanism. In most such cases the other even loses sight of why they want those changes in their partner
    6. 'The craziest thing my ex did after a break up' was more the final reason for the break up and you sure don't want to discuss that lol
    7. All these things are technically immaterial of gender

0|0
    0|0
    • Can't wait to read your studies on this, you seem to have a good grasp on psychology. Thanxs for your comments.

• Show All
    • Thank you my friend for your kind, thoughtful and generous gesture of selecting my opinion the MH :-)

• ๐Ÿ˜ welcome thank you for your comment, so many great choices, this was so hard, but, you broke it down, nice.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 30

• I've had to breakup with both my exes cuz they cheated, and worse, I had their side chicks calling and threatening me, and with all the proof they tried to lie and deny it. -_-

With my first ex, I was devastated. He was my first kiss, first guy I held hands with, first guy I hugged, first everything. So when I found out he couldn't keep his dick in his pants behind my back, I chopped it off haha jk. But I trashed his new truck. He worked 2 jobs and even took out a loan to buy that truck. And I broke the windows, I slashed his tires, keyed it. I admit that initially I felt good cuz I knew that would hurt him, but then I felt really bad cuz a. that didn't unfuck them girls. B. I still loved/cared for him, and C. he had worked hard and just for me to break his truck.
    He knew it was me, and he apologized for hurting me.

Crazy thing is, he says he's changed. And it's been like 3yrs since we've been together. And he still begs for me back.

My recent ex, when I found out he cheated, I didn't go psycho on him or his car. I just left the relationship. He still tries to get me back. He still tries to talk to me as if we're still together. I don't block people on anything, though I should cuz he spams my social media, mainly my messages/inbox.

So there's the craziest thing I've done, and the crazy things they do. Though I think I out crazied them lol But I've changed, I'm not like that anymore.

2|0
    0|0
    • Now, I gotta tell you your answer was really entertaining and what I asked for, I really wanted to know how crazy one could get after such a horrible breakup , glad your not like that anymore.

• Women tend to (in a man's eyes) over analyze , seek problems to fix, complicated etc. In relationships, we're prone to identify relationship stressors and address them. Speeding the process up, we break up with our man and the exact thing we do occurs when its over. We deal with them right away.. talking to ourselves, girlfriends, friends, anyone that will listen to help us get over it. We replay every single argument in our minds. Going back and forth.. till days and weeks go by... its all done with. We start to go out with other guys... some to help us find our way.

From my observation with my male friendships... they brush it off. Go out and drink.. holler at other women. Keeping themselves preoccupied. They date other women... But here is the kicker, not knowing they are projecting a lot of unresolved issues and misconceptions of their last relationship onto their current dating situation. Suddenly years go by, one after the next, and they can't seem to find the one they want to be with. Sounds like a lot of confusion. Some swear off women and find reasons why they'll never date again. All i see is a improper way of dealing with their emotions hence not going deep enough to figure out things.

0|0
    0|1
    • Ah, I am smiling ear to ear, what you have said just make me all giddy inside. You know I cannot deny, this information because this is true, in the fact most women have pointed out this fact that most men have problems with dealing with the issue at hand, and it was my problem too. I got angry, and broke down in depression and didn't know how to handle, my own emotions, talking to somebody was out of the question it was embarrassing, so I repressed these issues, compartmentalized the pain, and carried it into another relationship which ended, because of my anger, then I learned... good Job... its gonna be hard to choose MHO... thanxs for sharing.

• Show All
    • LOL what a crock of shit!!

• @noblebros why? It's only the sincerest sentiments ๐Ÿ˜‡

• I've never broken up with snyone nor been dumped from what I've seen and read men get mire attached internally - not talking about what they want to look like to others- and have a higher sensitivity towards emotional stimuli so react more intensely to the same event. A lot of people say men are taught to hold it in. They are taught not to escalate to the extent they might otherwise which would be on the level of tantrums ir inappropriate giolence, bc men gave difficulty controlling their emotions.

I dint think teaching people to stuff it in is healthy it diesnt provide an alternative. I also don't think you can just say if women and men just talk more then everyone would be ok bc talking usnt necessarily something everyne wants ir needs to do.

But accepting how you feel is important and necessary if you want to truly move on.

There's a fake thing that happens where some "advanced" people will say it's ok to talk about it or feel however you want but that doesn't actyally translate into people being honest with themslves. They use the talking as a way to mitigare what they really feel bc it makes them feel better to think they don't care that much bc in this culture caring is looked on as being weak.

It won't help to say men have the right pfeel just like women bc women are already looked down upon for being emotional so no person who is lucky enough to have escaped the exposure that they have emotions is going to want to come clean even to themselves. There's more to lose for a guy to express openly and inwardly his feelings bc he walks around under the illusion he has little to express.

I think if everyne lived in a society where feelings were simple a part of life and not a moral taboo it would be easier for everyne to move on but not easy bc it's hard when you really care. There would be a lot Jess violence from men thiugh which would help relationship endings and rekationships period.

The patterns I notice when women move on

0|0
    1|0
    • They tend to feel really bad stay away from the guy and try to do things differently the next time.

The guy will get really angry at the woman bc she didn't di this ir that ir bc she diesnt really understand him and he'll siend a lot if time trying to figure out how to get her back or get back at her then he ends up in the next relationship with a lot of anger and a lot of baggage and no sophisticated way of redirecting his energies so he has an opportunity to live in peace and not drag people into his mess.

And guys are encouraged to jump into a new relationship before the old one is cold bc they get attached early so they have difficulty being alone... so they'll jump fto one to the next but they never heal.

Guys gave a view of women getting attached bc women fir the most part are capable of being alone and will wait for a relationship with a person they actually care about then invest in that. Meanwhile she ends up with a seriak dater who can't be alone

• Show All
    • Even starts bc people feel pressured to be what someone else says so of course it's going to make the break up difficult for everyne. Physiologically it's harder on men.

• Lol Wow thank you for an awesome response you have put great thought in to this, and that is what counts. Excellent read.

• I've never personally been through a break up but I feel like girls usually handle it better due to our socialization early on. Girls are usually taught that it's ok to be upset and talk about your feelings while men are told to bottle it all up in US culture and that any sign of emotions, especially negative ones, are a sign of weakness. If guys were "allowed" to talk about how the break up affected them then they probably wouldn't get as depressed.

0|1
    0|0
    • It's not just talking. Guys are overall more sensitive do things hit them harder. They respond more intensely to emotional stimuli. Probably why they are taught to keep it in in the first place. Bc otherwise they'd throw a lot of tantrums as boys do.

Even guys who talk and talk and talk about it still have a REALLY hard time letting go and they act crazy for a long time.

The ones who don't talk about it go out if control in other ways. Drinking sleeping around beung antisocial or getting revenge being violent... It's all part of the same thing trying to cope and not having a healthy way to do it.

Talking is not really a solution it diesnt help you move on. It can help you feel better but it diesnt provide a path forward. Some people will talk and talk and talk and while talking they are trying to figure out ways to get their ex back. I don't think guys react differently bc they don't talk bc many do. And msny women feel the same pressure not to be open about how they feel--

• That in itself doesn't explain having difficulty emotionally moving on. Guys just get attached more intensely and have difficulty letting go and are not given a healthy way to move on. Having a lot of sex diesnt help you move on anymore than eatng when you feel bad does. There's no time to heal or way to redirect your energies.

• Women are overall mire resilient than men so in that sense it's easier to move on thiugh in this culture they usyally have a crap way of doing it which involves a lot of Negativity towards themsekves which is of course unhealthy... but as far as being able to just be without the guy it's a bit easier.

• I ended things with a guy after 2 dates so he wasn't even an ex. We weren't anything. But after I told him I didn't want to see him anymore, he proceeded to text me for a year straight. He would call me names and tell me he missed me, etc. he was crazy

He even went so far as to text me from other numbers and harrass me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, that is crazy, why did you dump him after two dates? What gave you the red flag? Were you really attractive to him?

• Show All
    • Wow, so was he black, you said cultural differences... I think actually in any culture that's a no.. no.. that is creepy, and too pushy, by any standard. He didn't know you and was already trying to marry you, did you sense desperation? It's a turn off when a guy is desperate and impatient. Wow great story, would like to know, about the cultural differences though๐Ÿ˜

• He was Asian. I guess in their culture, marriage is the ultimate goal, not lkve. I really don't know or maybe this guy was just really desperate to settle down lol

• Nothing crazy happened during my break up. I dumped the guy because he was never there for me. It didn't help that our relationship was long distance from the start. All I got was a text saying "I can't believe you broke up with me" right after and an explanation of his behavior months later. It was kind of interesting, he practically admitted to feeling inadequate and treating me crappy because of that. But yea, it was uneventful and we haven't spoken since.

0|0
    0|0
    • Ahhh, now why a LDR they really don't last much anyways? What made you choose a guy far away?

• I think how someone handles a break up doesn't matter on the gender, it matters what type of person someone is. But maybe they are generated by women cuz we are smart and know when things arnt working out or know when the guy is doing somthing wrong. Men and women equally screw up relationships, the right pair together will stay together for a reason

0|0
    0|0
    • Now, that's better chica, a answer without gnashing criticism. Thank you do your thoughts.

• Those who know they ended the relationship for foolishness are the ones who suffer most, sex of the person has fuk all to do with it.

1|1
    0|0
  • this guy told me that I hurt him by breaking up with him that he was going to run his car into the lake... then a couple weeks later said to forget he ever existed etc...

0|0
    0|0
    • Ah, so he was a Baby -Man, he tried threats and guilt to win you over this is called begging, which most men do often... so I guess you had no problem forgetting he ever existed huh? See we men sometimes can be drama Queens, because rejection is hard on our A-Typical male EGO... thanxs for sharing.

• Show All
    • Wow, what a great take on that, very interesting, thank you for that lovely explanation.

• your welcome ๐Ÿ˜Š

• i think it depends on who loves who more,
    my last ex posted on fb he was in a relationship with another girl 2 days after we broke up, we dated for 7 years

0|0
    0|0
    • Who cares more in the relationship is said to have the power... huh๐Ÿ˜ž

• I think even though breakups tend to hit men harder-there able to kind of move on faster than women or at least appear to do so. For women we tend to sulk in our misery for a while and share it with others so that we live through the breakup over and over and over again. I think because breakups hitmen so hard-men will do anything they can to make themselves feel better so it appears that they take it better than women. I wish I could be more like a man when it comes to breakups and just break up all ties completely.

0|0
    0|0
    • Absolutely I did it, ten days after, I had another date... it was like that Omarion song (F*#k her I dont care, my lady say she leaving me, ah f*#k herI dont care, I got another over there, she been wanting to be with, got her in her underwear...) you get it, because we don't know how to hurt, and our pride causes us to be losers per say, if we can move on we can forget, we just got canned!!! Thanxs for your comments.

• Mines not really crazy but just stupid. My ex had his friend break up with me om the phone then continued to like me and stare at me in class. It was confusing.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly I handle breakups very badly (even though I usually initiate them)... I hate going through them and I feel like I want to die in the days following. I think the difference is that it's acceptable for women to cry/talk to friends and family about it which helps us get over it quicker, while men are expected to hold their emotions in (especially in front of other guys).

The craziest thing my ex did afterwards was call and threaten suicide.. I called a suicide hotline for advice and they actually advised me to call 911 so they could send people to his house to evaluate him (which I had to do eventually). It was such a nightmare...

0|0
    0|0
    • You usually initiate them... Studies show 90% of breakups are generated from women, so if this is correct, could it be men might suffer more because they are the ones being rejected? Keep in mind rejection increases attraction, did you find your ex bf wanting you badly after? I'll wait for your response, by the way great comment and thank you for joining the discussion.

• I didn't know women usually initiate them.. I guess that could cause guys to suffer more. I guess it could also increase attraction, but that's definitely not why I wanted to break up. I broke up because he was abusive and I wanted to get away

• Well in that case, I'm glad he was heartbroken because I do not agree with men abusing women period!!! Good for you to let him go.

• I feel as though break ups take more of an emotional toll on women but it can on men as well. It depends on who was invested in the relationship more

0|0
    0|0
  • If it was a sefiouse actual relationship... i say for men.

Men are Never short in stock for girls but There Will always be that "one girl"...

0|0
    0|0
  • Even i dฤฑdnt date with him , a boy claimed everyone that i want to date him and dated him for a week. He was sick

0|0
    0|0
  • I think whoever wants the break up more handles it better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think that it depends more on the relationship than gender.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why? I am learning that most people men and women feel this way? I dont dispute your answer just would like more if you don't mind. Now theses studies were done with the mind set of different scenarios, mostly with, relationships that are also non sexual, and where men thought they were in a relationship based on women reaction, but the females interest level was not reciprocated and the man feels this to be rejection ergo... a breakup.

• stalk me then claim i was stalking him. so full of what the fuck it was insane.

0|0
    0|0
    • Crazy stalker menace!!! Scary had one do that to me, but she left a dead cat on my porch while bewitching me.

• thats crazy!

• I don't think it's about sex or gender. I think it's really just about maturity and how callus people are. Worst thing an ex did to me is tied for one guy outing me for harboring same sex tendencies and another guy who told everyone about me having a severe and embarrassing autoimmune disease both of which led to horrible abuse from classmates that wound up driving me out of the school after being kicked out. (One for attempting suicide and being found in a pool of blood in the school bathroom, and the other for filling the guys locker with a thousand (unused obviously) tampons and pads with the words "stop MANstruating" graffitied on his locker)

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow, chica, what a story, thank you for your thoughts, something to think about for sure.

• my ex hooked up with my best friend while she was drunk, then he got a girlfriend.

0|0
    0|0
  • He lied about ever having a relationship with me :-p

0|0
    0|0
  • I think men do. N

0|0
    0|0
  • i think a man does

0|0
    0|0
  • MEN HANDS DOWN DEFF

0|0
    0|0
  • he talked to me like we were still together.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think iT has anyting to do with gender.

In my part i tend to forget a person really fast when my interest Goes to someone else. I can't date immedialty after a break up tho'.

Men on the other hand Goes out to party with friends, talk to girls etc.. Wich make iT seem Like they already have forgotten about you i geuss.

So if i really hve to choose i would say men.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanxs for your insight, I like that you used the word interest...

• You're welcome

• he broke in my house to threaten me

0|0
    0|0
  • I handle breakups well.
    Not only because I initiate them.
    I think I have some kind of emotional disconnect lol.
    I move on easily. Whether it be to another relationship or just staying single.
    Things don't last. I build bridges and get over it. I won't allow any person to be the master of my fate or emotional freedom:)

Carpe diem!

1|0
    0|0
  • My ex had the nerve to tell me I couldn't date anyone else when he was the one who broke up with me.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 18

• Women take it better. They never really care about the guy they are with. They throw the relationships away without a second thought. Or if you end it they just go out and find someone else if they weren't already fucking someone else. Men fall a lot harder for a woman when they finally let themselves. women rarely care.

0|1
    3|0
    • Godfatherfan, I can only assume you had a horrible breakup worse then mine, what happened if you don't mind sharing?

• My ex played me for a fool for 25 years. She was the one that wanted the divorce. The last 3 years when it was on/off she got the house all setup for herself. new roof, sprinklers, rooms painted. In the end I found out she was cheating the last 2 years at least. I guess I knew but didn't want to face it. She made all kinds of promises that we would be close do dinners together each week, etc... then the day the divorce was final she unfriended me and every one of my family on Facebook. Continually hurt me in the worst ways. Doing things that would cause the most amount of pain possible. Why would a person spend that long if they never cared about you? have children with you? I will never understand. Since she gave us an entire 4 1/2 hrs of total couples therapy for 25 years of marriage. and even then never brought up any of the issues she would later tell me.

• are you kidding me?

• My ex, who broke up with me, found out I was dating again and walked up to me and kissed me in front of all my friends. I still liked her a lot so I kissed back. She then stopped and walked away and said to her friends, "See I could have him anytime I want."

I'd just like to say, "BITCH!!!" That was THE MOST embarrassing moment of my life. My friends, her friends, the people we never really talked to in the commons all heard it. This is in college by the way

2|0
    0|0
    • Maybe that makes her feel better about herself. Now, be successful and have a great marriage, that will kill her later when she is a loser and cyber-stalks you. :)

• Show All
    • Ok I think I'd have to give you most helpful just cause, that scenario sucked so bad for you, dude you earned it... sorry bro!

• lol yea it really did, but I got over her. I now date her room mate! She hates it cos I sleep there sometimes XD

• Men will always be better. Why? Well at the end of the day, we know our prospects only get better with age. Like a fine wine, we just become sweeter. Women just don't have this to look forward to. I'm sorry ladies, I don't write the rules... i just play by them.

0|0
    3|1
  • The craziest thing thats happened to me was when my gf went snooping and found a box of love letters panties and all sorts of crap that this crazy stalker had sent me. I had put it away incase I needed to give it to the police at any stage. Anyway gf has gone ballistic and left 45 messages on my phone which I had left on the charger right next to her bedside. She grabbed the box and charged over to my mums and told her I was cheating on her. My mum said to her she should calm down because it's no big deal all men do it. That through my gf into a bigger rage and she went back home got stinking drunk and decided to burn all the cards and letters I had written to her. Trouble was she was so drunk she fell asleep before putting the bonfire out and it spread into her wardrobe and destroyed all her clothes shoes bags that she treasured. The sprinklers were activated and not only put out the fire but also drenched her, destroyed the carpet and that's when I got home. She was screaming and wouldn't believe me and said she's leaving. I said I will call you a cab because you don't have anything to pack. About 30min later she called me because she realized her purse was in the ashes. I told her to come back and I would pay the cab. When she got back I paid the cabbie and gave her money to get by. She thought I meant come back and stay and slapped me before turning around to get back in the cab but she missed the curb broke her leg and arm as she fell and I called an ambulance so in the end she at least had a place to stay. She was in hospital for 2 weeks in which time was in the care of that crazy stalker (shes a nurse).

0|0
    0|0
  • Being aware of and forward about your emotions - both to others and yourself, being able to talk to friends about said emotions, and having group activities outside the relationship all help get over a breakup. Women are more likely to have these, which absorbs much of the shock of a breakup. In the one case in grammar school where a girl was ostracized after a breakup (and was hardly aware of her own emotions), she took it as hard as any guy.

I suspect because men generally have less friends and less experience with handling emotions, that they are more likely to base their identity on a romantic partner, who gives them the means to confide their thoughts and fully feel. When such an attachment is formed and than taken away, the results are correspondingly devastating.

If I was giving advice to a guy who just gone through a breakup, I'd advise him to forget about her, take up some hobbies, and make friends with like-minded people. Also, face your emotions. Yes it's scary as hell, but confronting them head-on gives you the means to understand them - and in time, let them go.

0|0
    0|0
  • Went on one date with a girl like three months ago, I wasn't into her so I told her there wouldn't be a second date. She still texts a few times a week and msgs me on FB.

I've always Been able to move on rather quickly. I think men handle it better.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've never actually had a girl break up with me.. Since I was the one doing the breaking up, I guess I generally didn't care as much, so it's not really fair for me to say. I feel like men handle it better though?

Someone date me real quick and break up with me so I know what it's like

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, well you look like you belong with One Direction , so girls probably fall all over you, but us Average Joes have a hard time buddy... thanxs for your comment.

• I just want to clarify I wasn't bragging, I was being honest. Sorry if it came off the wrong way

• No it didn't come off that way, but I wanted to point out, to whom ever reading this comment other than you, it helps to be good looking because you can control the outcome of your relationships better. Thanxs for your comment ๐Ÿ˜

• My ex left me and she said many things like I want to be by myself and I have to get right with Jesus. I tried to get get back but she hit me with the if we're meant to be crap, and after a while I stopped texting her and I her from my cousin she went on social media saying I was an emotional bitch and everything all because I didn't reply to some texts. When I tried to move on from her she also texted this girl I was talking to and said that I AM HER MAN & I BELONG TO HER

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow, Jesus needs to get her right alright what a loon!! No disrespect but, that girl dis you a favor, are you still with her? Hope not...

• Show All
    • Crazy chicks, are hot though!!!

• You're right about that smh

• I have never been able to handle breakups easily unless I have only been with them like less than a month. I have experienced the girl most of the time just dropping me and saying goodbye like that, no trouble, no remorse. F*ckin sucks man, I hate that they tend to do that

0|0
    0|0
    • Had it happened to me, once, and it do sucks, I tried to hangout with friends and couldn't because I held in so much, I just broke... she got me, never again, I am now a student of the dark-side of the force.

• Conversion is indeed tempting, but do not give in. Only handing power to the girl you are

• I think it depends more on the relationship more then the gender, and all of my exes have actually taken breaks up really well, well except for my last relationship that was pretty hard on both of us.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would think guys handle break ups better, cause women like to stay single for a longer while before getting back into having a new man in her life.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some men kill their previous female partners, so I think I'll go with women on this one.

0|0
    0|0
  • My last breakup was when a woman I had started dating started making it more and more obvious she was a extremely fundamentalist, Bible literalist Christian. I then felt an obligation to inform her that I was an atheist. That started a 4 hour emotional tirade from her, which ended with:

1. Me stating it was probably best if I went home because I was tired of arguing about something I was ready to agree to disagree about before the conversation even began.

2. Her accusing me of abandoning her for wanted to walk away from her tirade.

3. Her throwing cereal boxes and bags of chips at me as I tried to leave.

4. Her ordering me to leave her home while she blocked the doorway, physically preventing me from leaving.

5. When I finally reached the door, I asked for the return of a gas card she had borrowed from me earlier in the day, which she refused to do. I cancelled it the minute I got home.

Three days later, she called wanting to get back together. I declined.

0|0
    0|0
    • Wow, great story, and she thought she could cover you to believe with violence, she gives believers a bad rep, with her unsavory character. Anyways thanxs for sharing it was an awesome story.

• Show All
    • No, she was just batshit crazy. And she was a convicted embezzler, too. I found that out after the breakup. I swear, if someone was outside her home and heard the "conversation" they would have sworn she was the atheist and I was the Christian.

• LOL ๐Ÿ˜ that is way too funny!!!

• I never had a breakup that bothered me. Only one or two i have wondered though, what if.

0|0
    0|1
  • That's funny, last time I gave.087 of a s#it and she was quite depressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably women, men are just better at hiding it.

0|0
    0|0
  • it's not gender-specific...

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who is inwardly attached the most. Honestly, it's pretty 50/50, I've seen plenty of guys (myself included) say they're not that fussed or not that attached when they really were. That said, I think generally speaking it's usually women, but they put on a face of indifference to prevent it from showing.

Story 1:
    Girl I was dating got mad when I told her the bitter truth that if she kept having aggressive outrages at work that she would get fired. We had already broken up once over this issue, as it led to her being a negative person in and out of the relationship, but were together again; then she broke up with me, and had strongly hinted that she had been cheating on me right before said break up over the anger issue. She then got fired, and came back crying (literally crying) asking me to help her, what should she do, she's sorry, can I take her back, etc. Needless to say I let that one go...

Story 2:
    Girl who I was just getting to know, so not really in a full relationship with by any means, escalated things to sex then indicated she couldn't have a boyfriend right now (okay FWB/NSA), even though she told her family about me and that she was sure I would meet her best friend (wtf?) then before we even left the bar kept making comments that implied I was her boyfriend (the most worrying being, the last time she had a boyfriend and disappeared off with him for the night, her brother called the cops on her because he thought she was missing, so hopefully her boyfriend doesn't do that tonight... UMMM WTF?). Then she said we're just friends. I told her I am not really going down that road after all the stuff she did/escalated/implied and I walked off. I tried to be conventionally cordial (hi, bye, basic pleasantries) and she got aggressive with me. I tried asking her to talk it out, and she went off on one, removed me from social media and told people I was an a**hole.

Second one was probably the craziest I've ever encountered in my life.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm clapping because those were great stories, I have had similar stories little yours, its gonna be hard to vote MHO

Recommended myTakes