Is it weird to feel relief after a break up?

We've been through a lot over the past two years, on and off. He's been the only guy in my life during that time but during our breaks he'd see other women. When I saw him post pictures with a new girl I finally decided to walk away. It's not fair that I try so hard to make things work and it seems like he couldn't care less.
I'm sad that it's over, I truly loved him and I'm going to miss what we had but at the same time I feel ready to move on and meet other guys.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it's god that you are feeling comfort, may be you were too stressed in that relationship, you are feeling like this. Do not just ump into other relationship, take your time. analyse and move on... it's would be beneficial for you and your next partner

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Take a deep breath, let it out, Let go and Consider this a Huge Love Load off your shoulders.
    Take this time for You Only now, sweetie. You need to focus on yourself and getting yourself together for the upcoming year, dear, which sounds as though you have rolling in with more Ease and less Tease at this point in time.
    Go slow with your flow. Don't be so quick to just Run right back out there to 'Meet other guys' and end up wearing your heart on your sleeve. You are vulnerable right now, you are still licking a few war wounds and Anyone you Feel may be just perfect for you, may end up to be a Rebound Robert who you find yourself comparing the ghost of the past to. You will most likely find that you do the Miss the Kiss with your history with him and have your moments where it may Hit you from time to time... believe me, the battle is not over and may rattle a few chains in the closet with the skeleton within.
    No, not 'Weird to feel relief' at all. It's like a weight has been lifted and a burden has been released in thin air.
    Good luck, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. xx

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 1

• No, not in every case. In your case I think it's normal.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• You go girl!!! When I broke up with my ex, it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders! Nothing wrong with feeling relieved, on to better things now!

1|0
    0|0
  • I think is normal, especially when you are in a toxic relationship, you think you can be finally free somehow, free of the cheats or the ache he gave to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it's weird, it's probably not the usual feeling most of us have after a break-up, but there's nothing weird about it. In fact, it's awesome that you feel that way. I wish I would have felt like that after one of my break-ups.

I think the reason why you feel this way is because you've let go of him and of the relationship to a certain extent before it was officially over. He was seeing other women, posted pictures with a new girl, didn't make the effort your relationship would have deserved. All these factors contributed to you feeling the way you do now. You say it was an up and down thing for two years, it's no surprise that a part of you is relieved to finally be able to let go of that and have some peace.

If you want to date others now, then go for it. But like others have said, don't jump into anything. Take your time, have fun, find a guy who is good for you. I think that after two years of that off and on thing, you deserve to have some fun for a while and shouldn't start something serious right away. Unless of course you meet the right guy right now ;-)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes