I had been having an affair with a married man for the last 4 months. I told his wife out of anger and regret it now. will they be ok?

Feel terrible right now and wish I never did it.

I told her about ALL the other women and she seems to have accepted it. She's some women. Puts me to shame anyway

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I had been having an affair with a married man for the last 4 months. I told his wife out of anger and regret it now. will they be ok?
    Likely they'll be okay as statistics show marriages often survive male infidelity. The wife has probably rationalized this as men will be men and blames herself for his choice of actions.

• She must have really since I told her about the other five he was sleeping with as well. Maybe I was the only one who was actually shocked

What Guys Said 2

• probably not... but they could be. It is going to depend on whether they get counseling. You should probably stay away now. There is nothing you can about it now...

• I hope this woman divorces this dude and takes him for everything he has.

What Girls Said 1

• In a way I think it's good that you told her. Sure, your motive (anger) might not have been right, but I think she deserves to know that her husband is cheating. Of course you shouldn't have started anything with a married man, but it's not like he's innocent. Nobody knows if they will be ok, they obviously need to work on their relationship. You shouldn't feel too bad, there's no point in beating yourself up now, but try to stay away from them now.