Does anyone else keep having bad experiences with relationships?

I think I'm done with relationships for a long time. I keep having bad experiences and it seems that every guy that shows interest in me loses it after a while or they play me and I'm just tired of it. So I think I'm done for a long time. Anyone else feel like this?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, been done with relationships for about 11 years now since
    my last relationship.. I don't intend to have actual sex until I find
    real love.. I'm tired of fake relationships i want something real.

4|0
    0|0
    • Same here :/

• Show All
    • Well thank you 😊 haha I see this! Lol XD

• You're welcome
      ;) <3

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• There's someone out there for you, trust me I'm one of those guys where I treat you like a queen and show unconditional love. My ex gave that up to be with an ex who dumped her. It's all trial and error, just don't dump everything out in the beginning of the relationship. It's worh it to wate and see how both of you guys get emotions for eachother. There's always somone out there for you. I'm 21 and I still haven't met the right one, but I keep on looking one day I will find her.

1|0
    0|0
    • You have just given me a sliver more of hope.

• Show All
    • Both sexes can be stupid ha, but it's life and we always learn from our mistakes.

• True

• Most of the time it's the the relationship you are having a bad experience with, it's the type and age of the guys that you date, that is the bad experience.

1|0
    0|0
    • I have dated guys my age and guys in their 20s and its all the same though

• Let me clarify. Instead of age, I should have said maturity. It seems like you are looking for a serious relationship? It takes a few frogs, before you will find your prince. You are under 18, give it time.

• Whoa! That's a pretty young age to be saying you're done with relationships for a long time!

I had two failed relationships in my early 20s, and I have remained single since then (I'm 28 now). I suppose relationships aren't really my thing, and I'm much better off single. Occasionally i do long for a relationship, but I don't think I'll ever make the mistake of getting into one again. The emotional wounds left from my previous relationships probably won't ever heal.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm 18 in a week and I have dated many guys in their 20s so it's not like I'm 14 dating 13 and 15 year olds.

• But I understand what you're saying

• I don't know about being done for a long time, but I just got dumped after a 4 year relationship, we were moving in and I was thinking of proposing soon after, then she decides she doesn't love me and dumps me :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I do. Nobody seems to know what they want these days or very few at that.

1|1
    0|0
  • Me thinks it's time to find yourself and discover who you want to become.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do. But I am the problem.

2|0
    0|0
  • What relationship?

0|0
    0|0
  • You're under 18, but act like you have the cream of the crop to choose from at your age lol. You do realize that the guys in your age range are just as green and naive as you, right?

And even after the silly stages of high school, do you want to know who I see as being the least happiest out in the world? It's mostly the people that treat looking for a relationship the same as how they look for a job. It becomes a life goal for them, something they absolutely NEED to find, something they force into being, something they desperately seek out because they can't just be happy with themselves. Hell, they don't even know what it's like to just sit and be content with themselves.

There's always this search for someone or something to make THEM feel good, rather than just learning how to do that for themselves. There's this huge misunderstanding (or total ignorance) that a person can even be in control of that for themselves, so they never know that they should be seeking that out instead. They follow all these steps- meet a person, gauge them 5 minutes after meeting them to see if they'd make a good partner, immediately start trying to guide things in that direction if the person passes the 'test', make them a boyfriend/girlfriend, feel happy that they've checked that off their list of "how to be normal", the relationship ends because the relationship was an achievement and not a supplement to their current lifestyle... rinse and repeat.

So I'll end this rant by saying you can either keep doing the same things over and over (which will give you the same results over and over), or you can understand that when you stop, let go of the wheel, stop treating relationships like validation or a desperate need, chill out and just let life happen while you pursue the things you've always wanted to do... over time, you'll learn that letting go of this sort of control will actually give you a great sense of control over your life and the things in it.

2|0
    2|0
    • I am 17 (18 in 8 days) and have dated many guys in there early and late 20s.

• Show All
    • Haha thanks.

• Merry Christmas to you both :-)

What Girls Said 6

• Yes unfortunately. I've been used, abused, assaulted and cheated on. I know if my current relationship goes, which it nearly has, I'll stay single for some time. Even the most perfect of relationships where you feel like they're the one, gets ruined by their behaviour. It's a shame. :( I just want to find happiness.

1|0
    0|0
    • Exactly girl, I know EXACTLY a how you feel :-(

• Yes, but don't despair, judging by your age, guys your age are generally immature idiots. It will get better as u get older, but may take a few years. Why don't u focus or something else in the mean time there's no rush. Life is full of adventures go have some!

1|0
    0|0
    • Well by that you must mean guys in their 20s because I have dates 20 year olds, 21 year olds, and 26 year olds and they have all treated me like crap. I'm stronger because of it, but I'm just done for a while.

• and I understand what you're saying :-)

• I mean older again like late 20's - 30's,

• Awww!
    You're very young.
    Don't give up.
    You're beautiful and believe me he is out there for you.
    Just, at 17, you should be casual and not expect too much from guys that age.
    Have fun, be safe, and be loved.
    :))

1|0
    0|0
    • Awe thank you 😊😊😊 but like I have dated a 21 year old and two 26 year olds and even they were jerks so it has kinda made me lose a little hope :/ I thought most men in their 20s were supposed to be men. I know one guy in his 20s who is like great but we're just friends. I can't take another relationship for a while, especially long distance.

• Ok back off a bit maybe for now.
      When I'm in one of my moods, I always leave room in my emotional door for a surprise entry.
      Stay accessible and keep good friends.
      I'm only 19 so I can assure you I've been there.
      by the way my guy is 11 YO than I.
      I love him, but I don't know if I'm in love with him, if you can make any sense of my clear as mud explanations.
      XDD

• here I'm in the same condition I feel I'll be in 30 without having a husband :'(

1|0
    0|0
    • Awe :-( I'm just about to turn 18 on December 31st and have dated guys in their 20s and even the ones I've dated turned out to be jerks. If it's like this now, I don't know if it will ever get better :/ *Sigh* oh well. I'm just gonna take a long break from dating

• :'( I feel you I feel :'(

• My ex-friend has horrible luck with guys. I feel sorry for her. That's probably the best way I can put it. Horrible, horrible luck.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm taking a break from relationships, I've only been in one that lasted about 5 years. It was nothing serious just something special. I got played and my feelings were played as well and I got led on. I don't know when I'll be dating again probably in the future but not right now because of school and my education. I just stand falling head over heels for someone who doesnt' feel the same way about me. Plus I don't ask for a lot either, I just ask that he treats me right and is good to me that's all. But either way I get used or get pushed around in a relationship. So yeah I'm done for now. I'm tired of running a mile for someone who won't even run a mile for me. I just want something serious that's all nothing more nothing less.

0|0
    0|0
    • I feel the same way girl :/ That's me too. I'm sorry you have to go through that :/ I know what you feel

• Thank you for understanding I'm not looking for a relationship right now I'm just trying to get out of high school. Finish my education and focus on what I want yo be when I get older.

Recommended myTakes