Am I mean to break up with a girl on Christmas eve?

I broke up with my girlfriend today and tommorow is Christmas. She lost it. She cried uncontrollably and was so upset. I just don't see what I did wrong. Couples break up everyday. Why is it so mean to do near Christmas?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's mean because people generally spend Christmas with their family. Generally, when people are dumped they want to be alone for a couple of days because they feel horrible. They don't want to face people, most especially want to avoid their families. They at first don't want to talk about it (aside from one or two close friends) so that they can process the whole thing. See, on Christmas it's a bit hard to avoid family, also everyone's happy and so you don't want to be the one who's feeling shit. You don't want everyone to ask you what's wrong, and you don't want to ruin Christmas for everyone else because you've been dumped.

1|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Should have waited bro would have done it next week. Ruined her Christmas :/. Cmon but you are right people break up everyday. Just know she will most likely hate your guts lol, but that's okay if you don't want her back.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• I think it is kind of mean, not as horrible as breaking up with someone on Valentine's day, but stil not cool.
    Next time wait 3 more days ;)

On the other hand it sounds like she did make a bigger deal out of it than it is.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think Christmas is ruined for her for a few years now. Most holidays suck when you don't have someone special to spend it with. Ouch! Get a clue dude!

0|1
    0|0
  • Maybe she made plans to spend it together, or got you a special gift. It is a little mean but at least it's the closure of 2014, not the beginning of 2015.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of year, and break-ups kinda ruin it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Unless there is a strong reason to break up that immediate, i would think best to do so after the festive day. Imagine her Christmas was ruined because of that.
    the girl might really love u a lot

0|0
    0|0
  • She probably wanted to be with someone during the holidays. You shouldn't feel bad about it. If a relationship isn't meant to be, you shouldn't force it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No that's totally fine boo boo tell her she can always make a new year resolution for a new bf

0|0
    0|0
  • Like your style. You are all heart pmsl

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know, but she will get over you.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• Your an asshole...

2|2
    0|0
  • That's a dick move bro.

0|1
    0|0
  • Gutless... That's the only word to describe what you did... Christmas is about God and Family but you ruined her whole holiday by doing this it's super gutty I can't believe you did that man...

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes