Am I mean to break up with a girl on Christmas eve?

I broke up with my girlfriend today and tommorow is Christmas. She lost it. She cried uncontrollably and was so upset. I just don't see what I did wrong. Couples break up everyday. Why is it so mean to do near Christmas?

104

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it's mean because people generally spend Christmas with their family. Generally, when people are dumped they want to be alone for a couple of days because they feel horrible. They don't want to face people, most especially want to avoid their families. They at first don't want to talk about it (aside from one or two close friends) so that they can process the whole thing. See, on Christmas it's a bit hard to avoid family, also everyone's happy and so you don't want to be the one who's feeling shit. You don't want everyone to ask you what's wrong, and you don't want to ruin Christmas for everyone else because you've been dumped.

Most Helpful Guy

• Should have waited bro would have done it next week. Ruined her Christmas :/. Cmon but you are right people break up everyday. Just know she will most likely hate your guts lol, but that's okay if you don't want her back.