If you know that your other half of twenty years has cheated on you (several times with at least 5 other people... that you know of) would you stay?

His last girlfriend has given me a real insight into his infidelity and has proved that he has been a serial cheat behind my back for years. He says he will get help with his problem and will do whatever it takes to get my trust back. Should I give him a chance to redeem himself?

33

Most Helpful Guy

• Well problem he have is lack of self control. There is nothing called help for that. He jusy regret getting caught. So no you should not. If you do he will do it next time with much confident. Then again it is your choice. People have the power to change, so if you want to believe in him or not is your choice.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I would give him a chance. More importantly, I don't think I could. Such massive betrayal would undoubtedly break something inside of me and it wouldn't be possible for me to trust this person and be comfortable with this person ever again.

Nobody has ever cheated on me, but I always thought that I'd never be able to forgive it. But whenever I was thinking about it, I imagined being cheated on with one person. At least five people and for several years, that would be much more than I could handle. Even if he promises to get help with his problem, he could have gotten it after the first time at the latest. To know that someone has abused my trust for that long and willingly hurt me, no way, I would never ever forgive that.