If you know that your other half of twenty years has cheated on you (several times with at least 5 other people... that you know of) would you stay?

His last girlfriend has given me a real insight into his infidelity and has proved that he has been a serial cheat behind my back for years. He says he will get help with his problem and will do whatever it takes to get my trust back. Should I give him a chance to redeem himself?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well problem he have is lack of self control. There is nothing called help for that. He jusy regret getting caught. So no you should not. If you do he will do it next time with much confident. Then again it is your choice. People have the power to change, so if you want to believe in him or not is your choice.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think I would give him a chance. More importantly, I don't think I could. Such massive betrayal would undoubtedly break something inside of me and it wouldn't be possible for me to trust this person and be comfortable with this person ever again.

Nobody has ever cheated on me, but I always thought that I'd never be able to forgive it. But whenever I was thinking about it, I imagined being cheated on with one person. At least five people and for several years, that would be much more than I could handle. Even if he promises to get help with his problem, he could have gotten it after the first time at the latest. To know that someone has abused my trust for that long and willingly hurt me, no way, I would never ever forgive that.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• No, I'm not dumb enough. Kick him immediately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hell no.

I have too much self respect.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• No I wouldn't give him a chance... he has already cheated enough... if you forgive him abd give him another chance he's just gonna do it again because he knows that u will take him back regardless... so please just let him go you deserve better love

0|0
    0|0
  • nooo, this is not a one time thing if he did it several times he did it, knew it was wrong and still kept going. yes he needs help, but this is something he needs to do alone. to know what he did was wrong, see that he lost something good. And you should not stand by it in any way.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes