When you've just had a terrible 'break up' why can't you be happy for other happy couples?

Two days ago the love of my life left me and it was really terrible. Anyways, now when I see a happy couple, all I think about is "I remember when that was me and Shawn." Or "I wish that was me and Shawn". And I think the whole break up ordeal was my fault, i pissed him off and he told me to leave him alone from now on and he was gone, just like that and I apologized and tried to get him to stay but he wouldn't hear it. I keep beating myself up and I really miss him so much and seeing happy couples only makes me miss him more and more depressed. I just want him back. Why can't I be happy for my friends and family members with boyfriends or girlfriends? I'm 18 in 6 days and sooooo in love with my ex.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know why, but I know that I see their happiness and it pisses me off! lol

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol I don't get pissed off, just very sad :/

• Show All
    • Na, I've had a couple seem to just fizzle out then they just move on, I feel an inevitability about it sometimes. I try not to be pessimistic because then it's a self fulfilling prophecy, if you expect it to go wrong it will. I try and stay open minded and upbeat even if it's fifficult! If you put out negativity that's what you seem to get back. But there's nothing wrong with being bummed out for a while, it's part of the healing process, how badly you're hurt determines how long you bum! lol.

• Lol XD yeah haha I guess that is true

Most Helpful Girl

• As you know, I know the feeling. I hate seeing people all lovey and cutesy and in love and even though some people actually are annoying about it, I find everyone like that annoying whether they really are or not. I miss my guy a ton and when I see my friends with boyfriends or they ask me about my guy I just roll my eyes and try not to make any smart comments.
    It is so hard to think abound them being happy when I was a hundred times happier with my guy and it kills me to know that the person they're with isn't worth their time. I said that to one of my friends not too long ago and she freaked out and accused me of being jealous when I was just warning her that she'd get hurt. A week later, she was hurt. Bad. And we haven't talked since.

1|0
    0|0
    • Awe :((( I'm so sorry :( Yeah, it sucks :/ I am sorry about Blaine. I am sorry to myself about Shawn tok. Maybe they will snap out of it and come back :/

• We can only hope. I keep telling him I'm to the point if begging and I think he thinks it's funny. In a way, I am joking, but I'm also being serious.
      And I really am sorry about Shawn and again I'm sorry about that whole mess.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• There is a saying "Misery likes company." And in this case it is true. You will eventually get over it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's because Shawn is still with you in your heart but not in body. :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Because your wallowing in your own self pity. Right now the only thing that matters is how you feel, and that feeling is being projected on everything you see.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's what you had and something you will again. But I can empathize. But you're young. Don't worry.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• I'm the same way, I think everyone is. When I'm going through a breakup and my friends are talking about their relationship with their bfs it pisses me off. I think about how I used to be happy with him and how I wish we were still like that and it annoys me that other people experience that happiness when I can't :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Is anyone really happy?

1|0
    0|0
    • Yes. I was so happy with him. I have never been so happy in my whole life. Before him, my life felt empty. Then he came in and my life felt whole. Nobody has ever made me feel the way I felt with him and feel about him. Now he's gone and I feel like something is missing again. I miss him so much.

Recommended myTakes