What should I say to ex gf if I run into during the holidays?

I haven't seen her yet and actually haven't even seen any of her friends either which seems a little odd as we all live in rather small town and they must be back for holiday break. things didn't end very well and I haven't heard from her in a long while , but her family still lives down the road from me and I suspect she'll be back home for holidays or already is back home and only a matter of time until I see them somewhere around town or at bar we used to go to. I haven't talked to them for so long not really sure what to expect if I were to see her or how she'd react to seeing me in person? any thoughs on this? I'd feel better if I at least had some idea in advance what to say to her even though I admit I might not even see her

01