Is it normal to count the days that you and your EX have been officially broken up?

Im trying not to think about him but usually when we take time apart, we start talking back up soon after. This time we broke up and we actually haven't spoken. Im ALWAYS the first to reach out and for some reason I think he thinks I will again... Im not! I did love him but my pride won't allow me to keep making the same mistake. Im trying not to think of him as much but I noticed that I count the days since we've talked as they pass. Its been a week and 1 day... Is this bad? Are there any tips to help me not think about him as much?

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Its somewhat normal but the best way to not bring it up or even remember it is to just forget him and try not to think about it. I used to count the months my ex and I broke up which is 9 but I don't anymore because I don't even talk to him so why count the days? Break up and just be done with it. Ignore him for good and never ever speak to him again, cut off all contact whatsoever. Delete the numbers or pictures you two have together and block him off of every social network, I did that after he and I broke up and it helped me a lot. Its like removing them from your life. But I mean you have to move on somehow and let go. Distract yourself if you need to and keep yourself busy. Only time can tell you that but I learned the best way you forget about someone is cutting off all contact with them and never speak to them again. When you think about them you start to miss them and that isn't good. A year or two from now you will forget them trust me, and won't even remember his name. Take my advice please and it will help you, I guarantee

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE