Should he return the gifts I gave him?

I met a guy online, who I really liked and silly me bought him gifts that cost me over $200.00. I know it was really stupid and I made a mistake. We knew each other for months online and I really liked him. When he came to see me, I gave him the gifts. He ended up being really mean to me, where he was ignoring me and didn't treat me well at all. Since I gave him the gifts a few days earlier, I know he doesn't legally have to give them back to me, but would it be morally right for him to do so? Should I ask for them back or just leave it? Please don't be mean. I made a mistake and I have learnt from it.

23

Most Helpful Guy

• No not really. Guys get girls gifts all time and are often left holding the bag. Many time I have offered to buy a drink for a girl and she has allowed me to do so and then just walked of with it. Not really cool.

You can ask for the gifts back. Worst he could say is "no".

What Guys Said 2

• You gave them to him, let it go and walk away. Yes it would be nice for him to give it back, but there is not much you can do if he doesn't. So just let it go.

• This is a $200 lesson i hope you never forget.

What Girls Said 2

• You give something.. Why ask for it back? No, just move on.. Just next time think a little more

• Learn from your mistake and move on.