How long did you take to get over your first love?

An ex and I dated for about 4 years. We've been broken up for a good amount of time, but whenever we would converse from time to time I can't help but feel like I felt when we were dating. Sadly we both have dated other people since. My question is how long did it take you guys to get over your first love and does dating other people really work?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• Think of it this way - it didn't work out for a reason.

That means there is someone out there who is much better for you and it WILL work out with them, even if it takes a few tries to find them. Try and be optimistic about that - there's another person out there who is going to make you even HAPPIER than you were with your ex! It's so true, please have faith in this.

I dated my first love for 2 years, and I really thought he was "the one". I honestly did. It didn't work out with him, so I got myself out there more, started making new friends and meeting new people, and lo and behold I have a new boyfriend who I am so, so, so much happier with than I was with my ex.

The right person is out there for you. You just need to find them. It takes time but it WILL happen!

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't quite netflix I'll never leave her