Need help with a clingy bf... I don't know what to do?

What do I do, I've been with my boyfriend for about a year now, we have been arguing, disagreeing, having constant conflict for probably about 9 months of the relationship. At first I really did think he was my soul mate. Yet I have always been a girl that has a cold personality, have a lot of guys as my mates, plus we all dance and that's how we socialize, catching up to dance. My bf has always had a problem with me catching up or talking to them via text or fb. I'm always told I'm not emotional enough, I need to be more affectionate and he knows it's not who I am. Yet i now barely see any of my friends, I have to tell him when I have heard from any of my friends, and what has been said. I hardly go on fb because of the constant drama around it all now (time and time again I've been accused of going on when I haven't been on)
And now over the last 2 months I have tried breaking up with him because I know I deserve better, a relationship to me shouldn't be like this. And when I told him I had enough of the fighting and I was done he begged and cried and would storm in and out of the room, (creating a scene infront of my mum.) said he would change and wrote down this contract about what he would do to change. And the fights kept going about the same things. So I tried breaking up again, and the same things happened, this time the fight was worse he got angry and would use it to scare me and not let me get away, didn't touch me, yet I pushed him away because I wanted him out. But he wouldn't leave. this has now happened 3 times, and the last time was at his house which I still wasn't allowed to leave. I'm so emotionally drained, I don't know what to do. And on top of all that I've started having feelings for another guy, who showed me that I do deserve better. I don't necessarily want to be with him but it has just proven to me that I need to get out of this relationship... Any ideas on how I can do it? I don't want to hurt my bf tho, he really is a good person.
I like to hip hop dance. And my friends I used to go out with consists of majority guys and a couple girls. We used to go to the local club to just dance for the night.

2534

Most Helpful Guy

• "I don't want to hurt my bf tho, he really is a good person.", every single motherfucking one of these ends with this. It's retarded. Just hurt the bastard ONCE and get it over with than setting yourself up for these inevitable waves of conflict and making everyone more bitter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Either way it's obviously your current boyfriend isn't going to get out the relationship without feeling hurt. Just lay it out for him and tell him it is over one more time. Since you said he scared you the last time you tried to end things I would recommend bringing along a friend when you deliver the news or do it in a public place and then leave if he starts to make a scene. If he refuses to listen start changing your relationship status to single and call him so it hits home that you're through. If he still has a hard on for you and won't leave you alone change your number and think about a restraining order, because he seems like he isn't all that emotionally stable.