My ex still "loves me" and "sees us together in the future" but is still with her new bf of one month. Is she sincere?

My girlfriend and I broke up nearly three months ago. We broke up because I didn't appreciate her opinion anymore and unintentionally upset her by belittling her and her opinion. I was in a rough part of my college life and the added stress from everything caused me to not act like I used to. I literally adored her and she loved me unconditionally. I would bring her flowers, walk two hours when I lost my license just to see her and do all sorts of things you'd literally only see in movies. We broke up with every intention of getting back together because I needed time to work on myself. Time went by and we both thought the other was giving up on eachother. Now she is with another boyfriend and has been for a month. I message her almost everyday and up till recently have been obsessive because I feel like I'm still in love but I feel she is moving on even though she still says she loves me;I have calmed down with my obsessiveness the past week. She says she sees a future with me but she needs to be a good girlfriend to her boyfriend and can't keep telling me she loves me but she still will text me "I love you forever and always." She really does love me but I think I hurt her too much to trust me again... what do I do? Did I really do hurt her too much? Her friends don't see the new relationship lasting long but I feel like she just wants to have fun now and doesn't care anymore. She is 18 and I am 20. We dated for almost three years... I can't tell if she is really trying to be a good girlfriend becasue she feels like she has to or if she is keeping us both around because she likes the attention... keep in mind that this girl is literally the sweetest person anyone could ever know; I'm not being dramatic about that either. Maybe she really does want to get back together but doesn't know how to break it off with the new bf? Someone just tell me what to do... giving up isn't an option, I couldn't love anyone more than her.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she's trying to move on with her life. But at the same time she is unsure of what the future holds for you both so she's keeping the options open. If she isn't coming back to you, just move on. Time will tell, and if one day, when the timing is right things will fall into place.

Most Helpful Guy