Guys help me out, why did he do this?

I was in a relationship with this guy for almost a year and a half. We were texting and I said something that upset him and he got mad and told me I never want to speak to you ever again. I couldn't believe that he would break up with me that way. I deserve better especially after all the things we have been through. I then did the mistake of texting him and apologizing and wanting an answer to why he broke up that way with me. Of course he didn't answer. Then I told him he was being an immature heartless guy and he finally answered by saying "sorry I have to be"
What is that supposed to mean? And is it true if he really loved me he would't have ended it that way? Or is his method of breakup irrelevant to the way he feels for me?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Well what did you say in the text? But any way he needs to grow up and if he really loves you he wouldn't break up over a text. Immature in deed, a relationship has its ups and downs and it takes two to tango. He needs to relaize yah you may have said something hurtful, but swallow it and move on and talk about it with your gf. I hate when certain people in relationships act stupid, I just got out of one and I'm always the one willing to try and work things out. He will come back, he acted to fast and on anger.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• He had other intentions for the breakup.. And he is hiding that fact, whatever u did isn't wrong.. He's just using that as an excuse..

That's just my assumption, makes more sense that way doesn't it?

1|0
    0|0
    • Right I was also thinking that, just as if he was waiting for the right moment to strike lol

• This has crossed my mind.

• Tell me what you said to him. This is online, I don't know you, you don't know me, so you can tell me. It seems like the problem is what you said to him. He's saying I hav to be because he thinks what you've said is bad enough. Guys are simple enough in that way and there's probably no hidden meaning in what he's said.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's impossible to say with so little information and background to go on; but breaking up by text is immature at best.

0|0
    0|0
  • At least he actually told you! The girl I was seeing just broke off all contact and didn't respond to my texts or anything

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he didn't have it in him to break up in person. He really needs to grow up.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Apologizing isn't a mistake and neither is wanting an answer as to why. You can't stay neglected on the case.
    Look at it this way.
    He's obviously not the right guy for you if he broke up with you like that. I haven't heard his side of the story but I'd presume that this has happened before. He's obviously been hurt too much and has decided to lock up his heart and take that key away from you and ignore you.
    People don't do that without reason.
    Try to step into his shoes and see what you've done wrong as well as him.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes