How do I get my ex boyfriend back? What does my situation mean?

My bf & I have been dating for 2 years. Everything was great w/ us, we were so in love & happy & then the next day, he told me he didn't love me anymore & wanted to break up. I'm so confused, but when we hung out, he acted like he wanted to be with me, but then when I would ask him, he said the feelings came & go. How do i get him to want me back? I miss him & I love him so much. Please don't tell me to get over him. That's not what I want.

10