Can I break up with him via email?

I've been with my bf for a few years nkw and unfortunately things aren't glong that great. We are on different pages and want different things in the future.

But whenever I try to talk to him in person, I always chicken out and I can't get the words out even though I've practiced my speech hundreds of times in my head.

Would it be an acceptable way to break up with him by writing a letter?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Write the letter. Hold it up in front of you in your hand as you go to talk to him. Read said letter.

It'll be good for you to break up with him this was so you can dialogue if it comes to that after you reading him the letter.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. It's disrespectful and takes something away from what you had. You can write a letter but break up with him verbally, in-person then hand it to him if you don't think there is any way you could say everything you want to in words.