Why would you ignore a text?

Guys, I don't know if its me.. but I just have the worst luck with men. For some reason guys tend to ignore my text messages when I've upset them. I can't figure out why they think its appropriate to do that. I think being ignored is really rude. Here's what happened in the latest situation:

My boyfriend and I were having a rough week. I'm not sure why, but he kept pushing me away. He wouldn't want to be affectionate anymore, I asked him if he was ok and he said he was fine. I bought him a gift to cheer him up, and he just said thanks. On the 4th day, we planned to go out and I didn't hear from him so I called him up and asked when we were going out. He said "I don't feel like it anymore", and I became very upset and asked if he had an issue with me and he said "Nope". I got angry and told him I was very unhappy with how he's acting lately, and he said "Ok.". I hung up and texted him asking him to tell me what's going on because I felt confused, and he ignored it. NO response from him for 2 weeks so far, which is unusual for him, because he's normally the sweetest guy ever and we communicate frequently. Why? This happens ALL the time to me. The guy will just completely shut me out and act like I'm DEAD. You want space? Fucking say so! Don't act shady and ignore me like a child. I don't feel like I'm a clingy girl or too distant, so I don't know.

FYI: I'm done with that guy, so I don't need advice on our relationship, rather I would like opinions on why I'm getting ignored and if you think ignoring someone who texted you is appropriate.

10