Does the no contact rule help you move on after a painful breakup?

He's the only person I have ever loved, he meant everything to me and I thought the world of him. Only to find that he didn't feel the same about me in the end. Anyway, my main point here is finding some info from people who have tried and tested the NC rule

Please share your experiences 😊

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel your pain I've been doing no contact for about a month now. It's hard when you gave your all just for them to leave you. She left for her ex, and I think about her everyday. It's hard I give you that but life goes on.

1|0
    0|0
    • Being left for an ex is like the most hurtful thing so I'm sorry to hear that.

• Show All
    • Ahhh but it's In the past now, I just wonder if she will try and come back through the span my life lol. Who knows when but its always curious to think about it. Not that I would be waiting for long time, but to know when they try and come back but in my case the dumpee would have long moved on. curiosity killed the cat lol

• I wouldn't let him back into my life, he had had too many chances and burnt them all up.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, but add some booze to it and you're golden.

I drink my problems awayyyyy. They say alcohol is only a temporary solution, but I BEG TO DIFFER!

0|0
    1|0
    • I'm into fitness and I like to look good so drinking isn't going to make me feel good about myself. Plus it ages you dude

• Go with wine then.

• Loooooool sounds legit

• Sometimes, it's necessary.

1|0
    0|0
    • Have you done it

• Show All
    • A wise decision. Live & Learn, as they say. The hurt doesn't last forever, I assure you. And there's always a better man waiting.

• Thanks, I appreciate this loads. I just know it's part of life to be hurt but damn it's my choice how long I allow it to go on

What Girls Said 4

• 100% helps. When you decide to cut him from your life, YOU take control of the situation. Every day gets a little easier.

1|0
    0|0
    • I'm currently day 2

• OK. Now think of it like this. You go on a diet. You work hard to avoid food you shouldn't eat.

Then one day you have a weak moment. You eat a hot fudge sundae, pizza and a milkshake.

Now you are full of regret for taking that step backwards and you have undone some of the good you worked and fought for. And ultimately the food didn't taste the same, so you regret it even more.

Keep that in mind and stay strong! You can do this.

• This is such a cool example lol thanks I really appreciate the encouragement because it's what I need at the moment

• no, probably not, then you would be thinking and worring about to not look at him, you should just let it flow you can not push it out, it takes time, the more seriouse you were about him often much harder and longer before you come over. And I would not like it I would feel weak by kinda showing him that I can not even look him in the eyes.

0|0
    0|0
    • I can't look him in the eyes anyhow if I don't see him. He lives about an hour away, we don't work together nor do we have the same social circle. So seeing him isn't an issue. I just won't talk to him. I have changed my number because he still contacted me even tho he had no intention of changing or anything

• Show All
    • fine, it did not work for me. happy.

• I don't mean it in a rude way so sorry if it came across that way ok hun

• It doesn't necessarily help, but it's something that needs to be done, to move on. The less contact, they faster you move on and get over that person!

1|0
    0|0
  • I broke up with my bf one month ago and we have no contact, its helping me to move on, although there are a bunch of things that still remember me of him, but its getting better.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well that's good, I wish you the best. Someone people are not worth having in your life if all they bring is hurt and pain

• Thanks! I wish you the best too. And yea, you're right!

• 😊 thanks hun

Recommended myTakes