Girls, when a relationship ends, how do you start to move on?

I usually jump right in to finding someone else. The last one ended for a reason... I might be sad, but to me, it helps knowing there are other potentials out there. It may seem brash, but a couple days after it ends, I usually join a dating site. And I join for a couple reasons, it's not a bad way to meet new people, and new usuers usually always get messages and knowing someone else out there could be interested makes me feel so much better and makes it easier to move on. I'm always forthcoming about being newly single so I don't lead anyone I talk to on. It just seems to work the best for me.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• When I divorced about ten years ago, I was so mad and bitter that I went for revenge. I went out and slept with his brother and a work colleague I knew he hated. I realized shortly thereafter that I was only hurting myself, so I went into a depression for about three months where I didn't leave the house. After I got past that I slowly slowly slowly worked my way into the dating pool again. It was a full year before I had sex again.
    So my advice is stay away from revenge, and take your time to heal. It's different for everyone.