I cheated on my boyfriend, what now?

I didn't really know what else to title it, I started talking to this guy, and he knew I had issues with my ex after a 2 year of physical and mental abuse and how I needed to get through them to be at a healthy mindset again, he knew that. He said he wanted to be on board to help me and focus on us and get over these problems, then sadly.. I went back to my ex and slept with him 3 times, all of which 3 times I went to specifically tell him he had to leave me alone because I met someone knew (He was harassing me and causing my partner to have anxiety), He sweet talked me and basically turned me over and did his duty, I am scared of this man, and I didn't feel like I was entitled to say no, I thought he would hit me or find out who my partner was and say something to make him leave me.. The last time I slept with him I told him to get off of me and that I had met someone new, I told my partner this. He is still damaged by the situation 3 months later, how distant I was before we started dating, but he knew I was completely ready yet.. He broke up with me a day after new years saying he couldn't do it anymore, he had a wave of overwhelming thoughts and he can't get my ex out of his head and he needs time to himself to evaluate his thoughts and how he feels... What do I do?

He also had really bad anxiety whenever my ex texted me, and thought I would go back to him. And all I was doing was answering him and telling him to leave me alone, my partner wanted me to tell my ex who he was and maybe then he'd leave me alone. Even though my ex already knew, He just wouldn't cut me some slack and stop harassing me.. This has all affected my partner for the worse and I don't know what to do to fix it, I am so petrified of losing him.

211

Most Helpful Guy

• You break up with him. He didn't cheat on you, so he is a better person than you, and deserves better than a cheater.

There are no excuses. You were a bad person. He doesn't deserve to date a bad person.

• I am far from a bad person, It was a huge mistake and I told him right after it happened, he forgave me and we worked on it and everything was fine up until now. It's funny because if a guy cheats on a girl sometimes it's okay to take him back because he's a male, but if a girl cheats on a guy she's automatically horrible and a whore.

• It's not fine.

You cheated. You are a bad person.

• Rectification: three huge mistakes.

Back. To back... To back.

Most Helpful Girl