Did he lie to me about everything?

4 days ago my long distance boyfriend told me that he "Doesn't think we can work" and that he "doesn't know if he wants me" he said that he still loves me but after that he just stopped responding.. he knew I didn't want to break up but he did anyway.. he still reads m messages and has not blocked me or anything, but, all before that, he put up with my "issues" and always seemed egar to get "sexy photos" from me.. I had NEVER did anything like that beofre I met him.. I told him how bad it made me feel but he always re-assured me thag he loved me, that he wanted me for way more than my body and that nobody else woul see them. He always called himself a "shy" guy that he "got along better with girls" than other guys and that his' female friends were not a threat to me.. but right now since I feel all these awful things.. and that I feel like he is ignoring me, he said he was having problems right now and that "New Years isn't a good time for him" he never really tells me what actually going on.. I feel like I was used and lied to the entire time! :'(

Was I just a complete idiot go believe him? He was my very first ever boyfriend, I was his' second as far as I knew, he only had 1 girlfriend beofre me and he talked like it want good with her. He told me he'd only had sex with her.. I never lived close enough to him to have done anything with him, we only exchanged photos and "cyberd". But really.. I just feel like a fool! :(
  • Yes.
  • No.
I'm sorry I misspelled some things.. I was and still am upset when I typed this.

We did have some "normal" conversations but I just am afraid that he only wanted me for nude photos and that was it.. there is more but I just don't ever feel like typing it. He seemed like he meant it when he said he loved me, he recorded a video of himself telling me! What did he really mean?

63

Most Helpful Guy

• This is just my opinion, but while there can be strong feelings associated with an internet relationship, I don't really think it can ever be considered a trusted exclusive bf/gf relationship when you've never met or are always apart. There's just so much that can happen in the background. You can totally misrepresent yourself and get away with it. My initial instinct is to assume he was in it for the nudy pics and the cyber sex but without knowing the whole context of your online relationship, there's no way to tell.

Now, let's assume he is an honest, trustworthy person. I wouldn't say he lied about everything, he might have had good intentions in the beginning, but if he's never met you, there's no physical intimacy, eventually you have to ask yourself what's the point of wanting this type of relationship? I don't know how long your relationship went on, but yeah, the holidays brings out that feeling of loneliness in a lot of single people. So, while he might feel a connection with you emotionally based on what you talked about, if chances are it's going to be a long time before you too ever meet and have a physical relationship, he may just be at the point where he'd rather have someone there, then someone online. Eventually, everyone needs to unplug and go out in the real world. It's one thing to be together initially and try to make it work when one had to move away because of work/school but it's another thing to try to truly cultivate an exclusive online relationship when living in different cities.

In your shoes, I'd say move away from considering yourselves bf/gf. Try to move on and find someone close by. If you truly care for this guy, there's nothing preventing you from staying in contact, or continue to have cyber sex if that's your thing and maybe one day you two will meet and can develop a physical relationship, but until then, you should both be free to explore other options.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if he lied to you about everything, or if he lied to you about some things, or if he didn't lie at all. It sounds like you never actually met up with him, but send sexy photos to him. In my opinion, you shouldn't have done that. Also, and I don't mean to be harsh, I wouldn't call it a relationship or him a boyfriend if you never actually met.

I think the best you can do now is stop messaging him. Even if he starts responding to you again, how is this supposed to have a future if you can't meet up? You are tying yourself to a man who is unavailable, perhaps only due to the distance and possibly also due to other reasons. You should find someone local who wants more than just sexy pics.

Don't be too focused whether he lied to you or didn't. I know it can do your head in, but it's really not good for you to keep thinking about whether the things he said were true.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE