How to deal with a messy breakup?

I tried to break up gently but thing went wrong and me and my girlfriend had a fight and messy breakup.
I feel guilty and want to reduce it, also want to find a way to reduce her hurts too.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• There's nothing that can be done now. Break-ups are tough especially if you are the one being dumped and especially if you weren't blatantly undesirable i. e. abusive or crazy. Breaking up is basically telling someone that you are giving up on them and the bond you built. Depending on the type of ex you're talking about, that can really hurt. If they were a good ex and typically treated you well, it's going to feel like a smack in the face. There's nothing you can do to lessen that blow. Best thing to do now is just give her space so she can heal and move on without the memory of you giving up on her. Don't try to contact her to relieve your guilt; it's selfish.