My ex-boyfriend has a girlfriend and still tries to call me. Why does he still try to get in contact with me?

My ex boyfriend pretty much chose another girl over me and totally stopped talking to me. I was very hurt but during our school break he calls me three times. Why is he trying to get in contact with me? I didn't answer his calls but Im still wondering why he tries to get in contact with me. When we come back to school he would literally walk right past me as if he didn't give a damn about me, but I know he still does. Does he still like me? Why did he choose someone over me? I was everything to him and he dissed me...

02