What do you do to numb the pain?

I left him because I had to, no other choice. I made him promise to not text, call, chat, PM, or basically a knowledge my existence... It's the only way he'd move on and the kindest cruel thing I could do. What should I do to occupy my broken mind and heart and keep myself from breaking my own promise? Any suggestions as to how to keep myself busy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• oh man this is the worst thing to go through.

to lend advice i would be preaching what i dont practice, since i didn't handle similar things very well. i didn't even consider taking my mind off of the person, i just silently suffered for a long time. i didn't want to forget.

if you really want to take your mind off of this, do something that closes off the imagination. like the opposite of music or showers, both which make you very thoughtful. go out with friends or do mentally stimulating activities. (if you can, you should totally buy skyrim by the way)

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Get a new guy, pretty simple. Or burn up the motor on tour battery operated boyfriend.

0|0
    0|0
    • He isn't a broken toy, easily replaced...

• Sure he is. Simple as that. It's a mindset. You keep thinking that way and you'll be pining for the guy you dumped for months, which does no one any good. Think of him as disposable and past his expiration date, time do a new one. Sounds callous, and probably is, but you'll be fine soon enough. Callouses are what protect you. In my line of work they build up quickly. A friend gets killed and you just have to think "better him than me." And keep on rolling. Otherwise you. wind up taking a dirt nap too. Different circumstances and your distraction isn't fatal, but it sucks. Just think "Fuck him if he can't take a joke" and keep on rolling..

• I see what you're saying, but I couldn't ever think anything bad of him. I suppose it's best for me to forget and move on... Probably should stop posting stuff like this too on the off chance he reads it.

• Booozeeee my answer will always be boooze

1|0
    0|1
  • Do what makes you feel better. Even if that means texting him or being open about how you feel, ignoring the guy will only make it worse for you and him.

0|0
    0|1
    • See the only problem is, I don't believe it will help either of us too much. I ended up doing this but I am not sure it was the right thing. I love texting him and such but it's risky with my home life and it's harsh on my broken heart. I don't know what I want anymore so I'm going to go with what he wants for now and keep up a modest friendship.

• Show All
    • I don't have a god damn choice. I'm 16 living with a controlling mother that hates his guys and makes me miserable by doing so. I am now forbidden from seeing him he's lucky she hasn't seen that I text him! I love him, I miss him, but right now is not the time for us. Maybe one day when I'm freer.

• ok ok. Why can't this "controlling mother" be won over though? and if you are talking to him then why are you just talking as friends? It's already something you're hiding.

• go out with friends, new hobbies like guitar or volunteer.. keep your cruel mind busy

1|0
    0|0
    • This is relatively on point thanks, this was my plan... But I have nothing to do at night when I'm trying to sleep...

What Girls Said 2

Recommended myTakes