Why do many girls take back their bf or husbands after the guy has cheated on them on multiple occasions?

I just can't seem to wrap my head around this topic at all. This has happen to many of my friends and at the end of the day they return to the guy. Then it happens again and once again they return. Like seriously wth goes on in a girls mind in a situation like this? I'm just curious because of the number of times I've seen it happen.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• a lot of the time its low self esteem and a view that she will not get another man and no one else will want her or that she believes he will change.
    i did this once when i was younger and naive and im not proud of it i was a stupid girl. my ex cheated on me 5 times and was on swinging websites but i kept taking him back because he convinced me he was better than me and i was undesirable to men he brainwashed me into thinking i was worthless basically. it was months and months of negative comments and controlling behavior and comments about my looks that did it and he even managed to twist his cheating into being my fault sometimes. i can imagine much older women than me also falling for this as they get older and more insecure about their aging looks and fear that they won't be able to get another man or its too late for them

What Girls Said 3

• They are needy and they have issues.

• I don't really know. I definetely would not. I guess there must be some kind of fear of being alone (again). The fact that feelings just dont go away like that. and some might see the bigger picture taking the family and years of relationship over something that might have been just a one night stand. It does not mean that they forgive nor forget.

• Low self esteem and a fear of being alone mostly i think. I did this once a few years ago and soon learned my lesson when he cheated again.

What Guys Said 3

• Fear of loneliness.

• No it's because when girls really love a person they would just do anything to be with them and may always forgive them no matter how much they hurt them..

• Very little self-respect