Was this a good exit?

I had a woman recently dump me 2.5 month's ago, she was the love of my life. she didn't give me all the reasons. and it damn near killed me. I am pretty much over the hurt now and after 2 months there has been some communication (e-mail) initiated by me at first... she has been continuing with conversation though. I have finally received some resolution and then I told her that "she was the best chapter in my life and I wish she had seen my best" than I simply said goodbye. it was a great relationship and I still have feelings. was that a good exit?
She did tell me that I treated her better than any other man and that I did nothing wrong. I am a good looking guy, we were happy. so either some other dude came along or it was something I don't know of.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like you finally made peace with it, but you are not done. If she gave you any indication that she would see you again you would be all in. (And she knows it)

• no I have more respect for myself, I am 44. I would want to but couldn't. I would have to see something reallyu big from her to consider it seriously.