Why will a guy not want to be friends after a breakup?

Most of the guys I've had relationships with don't want to be friends after the breakup.

Why is that? I see nothing wrong with it. One of my guy friends told me that if a guy really likes you and things don't workout he can never see you just as a friend. So is that true?

414

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't blame the guys you were with, I never wanted to be friends with my past girlfriends because it's weird and it just hurts, especially if the relationship was a good one. Being friends with your ex kinda feels like a consolation prize for a failed romantic relationship.

• I never thought of it like it.
      What if the guy is the dumper yet he still refuses to be friends?

• Probably for the same reason, just that awkward vibe between the two people. Unless both of them can handle a friendship without any drama.

• You're so right.