Does a text saying "I need time to see if I feel the same about you" mean its over?

I've been with my woman for 6 months, and thought everything was going well. We had been expressing our love for eachother for 5 months. I thought she was the ONE.

Out of the blue, last week she sent me a text, saying she needs time to work out if she feels the same about me. Where did that come from?

That was a week ago - I've tried giving her time but have sent three texts (only one brief reply) and one phone call that went unanswered.

I feel that a part of me has died. What does she mean? Does she really need time, and why? Has she dumped me but doesn't want to tell me outright?

What should I do? I love her to bits and don't want to lose her.

Please help

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Unfortunately, it sounds that she has had options and you were one of them. It sounds like she likes you but, she also knows how much you like her. Sounds like she is feeling another option more than you. She doesn't want to hurt you but that's the best she could come up with because things have picked up with the other person. Your best bet is to move on and give her some REAL space. If she really cares she will contact you and give you the answers you are looking for. If not then it wasn'u didn't meant to be and at least you didn't waste years.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• honest to god man, please stop contacting her, regardless of anything you come up with in your head, she knows you care ok? please just let her come to you if anyhting, do not contact her or tweet about her or let her see you doing anything that regards her ok? dont try and make her jealous or any of that shit. you're gunna be fine and she's guna realize the grass isn't greener on the other side, she will be back if you do this and then you two can talk and you can decide then if you are going to take her back or not

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Implying that person doesn't know what they want.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I feel for you, I don't even wish this on my worst enemies! The best thing to do is give her the space she wants so bad and go live your life and focus on yourself because if you mean anything to her, she'll come back to you. If not, you know where you stand, walk away and don't look back.

0|0
    0|0
    • Thanks Trojan - how long should i give her? I know I'm not ready to date again yet, but if I feel ready at some time in the future, should I contact her first? Just want closure before I move on

• Give her all the time she needs, you don't have to jump into the dating game right away, but it's great to focus on something else like you career or develop a hobby so you can stay busy. As said before, she will contact you if she genuinely cares about you, you shouldn't have to.

• Well it hurts dude I know the pain, maybe she misses an old ex, has an infatuation for someone else , or the honey moon phase is over. Just give her time, and don't push her away, I know how it feels to watch someone you love who needs space, and yes the relationship might fail and all you can do is watch it crumble in front of you and you can't do anything.

My friend best prepare for the worse, thats all I can say.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes