Is it possible to move on from your ex while remaining friends?

Recently broken up with my girlfriend. Just curious if it is possible to remain grit winds while trying to move on and eliminating any feelings you may still have for them
Is it possible to remain friends*

63

Most Helpful Girl

• The best thing to do would be to just stay out of each others way for a while. People need time to heal after a relationship and that cannot be done when your in the same person's company all the time. Give it a few months then when you think that you are completely 100% over her you can try and be friends. I for instance are still friends with all my exes, but it took time to get to that point and it is not always easy. In some cases old feelings start coming back, and makes the situation tricky, but as soon as these feelings come back just try thinking of what it was that went wrong and that you broke up for a reason.

• Yeah I initially thought that. I've already agreed to being friends and keeping in contact so if ignore her she may think I'm being a jerk. It wasn't a relationship id say id never do again because I definitely would although it was all just bad timing and unfortunate events.

• Okay in that case, continue talking to her and just see how things go. It might happen that one of you might get jealous when the other is starting to become interested in someone else and this will cause arguments, as soon as this happens, just tell her that the two of you should just stop speaking for a while until both of you are totally over each other. And maybe in the future things might work out for you again, but don't have the mentality that it definitely will. Just try to move on completely now because if it is meant to be it will happen and your relationship will just be stronger.

Most Helpful Guy

• Noooooo not a good idea at all. Just imagine if she suddenly gets another guy and you run into them at a random event and she decides to introduce you to this new guy because you're "friends" how would you HONESTLY feel about that?